Senior Engineering Manager - Merch Technologies - Cost
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
The Merchandising portfolio creates the technical solutions that fuel the merchandising organization, helping analyze and determine what products we should sell, design of our owned brand products across a diverse set of categories from apparel to food to toys, determine how to merchandise the products in the store and collect/validate and disseminate item information. Managing and maintaining cost is an integral part of merchandising. Looking for an Engineering Manager to determine true cost by understanding existing processes, applications and departments.
Working within our product teams we create the strategies and technical solutions that support a growing $75 billion, Fortune 20 retailer. Our engineers are responsible for keeping this large scale operation running as well as building the next generation of tools for our business. We use the latest open source and open stack tools while leveraging cutting edge software to define and construct both custom developed and packaged solutions. We work on autonomous teams, incorporating the latest technical practices, write code to handle massive scale, and take on full accountability for a product's technical performance.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, you'll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 1+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, Grails- JVM language and framework
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)