Manager - Catering
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Manager - Catering
Posted Date 1 month ago(10/30/2018 7:07 AM)
Number of Openings 2
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 800018, 400315
Department/Unit Dining Services - Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status Exempt/Salaried
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Catering - Manager position within the Dining Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Catering Manager position is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Catering Department. This includes oversight and coordination of catering events that ensure a high level of service and provide an excellent experience for internal and external customers. This position reports to the Assistant Director, Catering on all aspects of the business which includes event planning, client contact, hygiene standards and helping meet financial targets.
1. The Catering Manager provides event operational leadership and support to a wide range of internal and external clients. The position is responsible with assessing event requirements, developing an event plan to ensure superior service and on time deliveries. This role requires oversight of all event details; including developing labor schedules, ordering beverages and paper supplies, alcohol and bar supplies as well as managing events. This position will be the primary onsite contact for many customers and will be the face of Dining Services.
2. This position recruits and hires catering staff members, including students, student managers, temporary workers and bartending staff. Duties to include posting with Human Resources, interviewing and completing necessary paperwork for employment.
3. This position is responsible for recruiting managing, training, evaluating and motivating the full-time catering staff, all student staff and temporary workers. Review and approval of student employment contracts. This includes ensuring that all health and safety regulations are strictly observed. Daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cleaning schedule is assessed and maintained. This position oversees the staff schedules appropriately for each event with an eye toward labor cost managements and customer service.
4. This position works with other catering mangers, catering supervisors and head wait staff to track and maintain inventory of linen, small wares and paper goods.
5. A Catering manager works closely with kitchen staff to ensure all food requirements follow details in event orders as written and ensures timely delivery of food and beverage. This position partakes in weekly meetings with kitchen staff, ensuring proper food preparation and portions, upholding product and University standards.
6. This position, with the support of other campus Catering Mangers and location managers oversee catering storage areas on all campus locations. Catering Managers take a lead role in monitoring equipment used by the catering staff and communicating to the AD-Catering any needs for replacement or repair required. This role oversees ordering supplies to meet pars and ensuring stock levels are maintained. Purchasing is done by forecasting item requirements for upcoming events and communication with purchasing agent to ensure adequate levels of supplies are purchased.
7. This position stays abreast of trends and developments event management and catering industry such as menus, consumer tastes and management trends and works closely with the AD-Catering on continuous improvement.
- High School Diploma
- Five years of experience in an institutional food service setting, restaurant food service facility, or a comparable setting.
- Experience to include large quantity food production skills, and progressive leadership roles and responsibilities.
- Must possess, or be able to acquire prior to start, a valid certification as a Food Manager with the State of Minnesota
- Banquet and campus delivery logistics and service experience
- Staffing and production experience
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer