MULTIPLE MANUFACTURING POSITIONS!
ALEXANDRIA INDUSTRIES IS HIRING FOR MULTIPLE MANUFACTURING POSITIONS!
Alexandria Industries is hiring for a variety of hands on, manufacturing positions due to growth and development! Our employees are continuously challenged to learn new processes, equipment, tools, and machines.
Who is Alexandria Industries? Alexandria Industries is a manufacturer of aluminum parts. We serve customers in a variety of industries: medical, automotive, solar, firearms, marine, highway and transportation.
Jobs like the following available:
CNC Machine Operator: Sun-Fri 11:00pm-7:00am
Production job CNCMA01342
Job Details Description
This position is responsible for loading and unloading parts into CNC machines, while ensuring finished parts meet customer specifications and company quality standards. This position is also responsible for ensuring that production processes are accurate and efficient, and that safety and quality standards are maintained throughout all areas in the facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following description of work to be performed by this individual is not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, it focuses on the major tasks that must be accomplished. There are many necessary activities to satisfy any of the following performance guidelines.
- Operate CNC machines and perform all tasks in a safe and responsible manner in alignment with company policies
- Read and follow instructions on manufacturing orders and blueprints to ensure that components meet product and customer design specifications
- Perform quality inspections using precision measurement devices to ensure all parts meet specifications
- Accurately use all measurement tools and hand tools as needed
- Load programs into CMM machines
- Provide machine shop support; deburring, tumbling, packing, assembly, punching, bending, etc.
- Perform basic machine maintenance as needed; clean out chips, monitor coolant levels, etc.
- Follow all company initiatives in the areas of 5S, quick-response-manufacturing (QRM), and safety
- Communicate effectively with supervisor, team members and other shifts as needed to ensure efficient and successful completion of customer orders
- Maintain department and company performance and production goals
- Troubleshoot machine errors and part variances and suggest improvements to improve quality
- Operate manual machining equipment as needed
- Cross train within the machine shop to learn and develop skills on a variety of machines and equipment
OTHER JOB DUTIES: (Not considered essential to the job)
- Perform all other related assignments (including special projects) as required in a professional and cooperative manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Preferred Associates degree in Machine Tool Technology or related program
- 1+ years of CNC machining experience preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Blueprint reading skills with a good understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Ability to utilize the proper inspection and measurement equipment
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to recognize safety concerns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong decision making skills
- Basic math skills
- Ability to take part in continuous education and training
- Ability to work outside of standard shift times when needed
- Office Equipment (computer, phone, printer, scanner, copier and fax machine)
- Measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, tape measure, etc.)
- CNC Equipment
- CMM Equipment
- Hand tools
- Deburring equipment
- Drill Press