Women's Health Integrative Research Center Coordinator
St. Catherine University invites applications for a WHIR Center Coordinator in the Women's Health Integrative Research (WHIR) Center.
The WHIR center coordinator is a part-time position (0.5 FTE; 20 hours per week) which exists to 1) conduct administrative functions, including support of purchasing, facilities, marketing, and outreach/communication for the WHIR Center, 2) coordinate WHIR Center lab space and supervise equipment maintenance and setup, 3) develop, coordinate, and help maintain relationships with external partners, 4) work with the WHIR Center Director to develop and implement policies and procedures relating to the operation of the WHIR Center, 5) explore external grant funding sources and collaborate with the WHIR Center Director on grant applications, and 6) expand faculty, student, and community partner utilization of the WHIR Center.
• Coordinate use of the WHIR Center space (for SCU research, classes, collaborations with external users) among users of the WHIR Center, including proactively communicating with other SCU departments and external groups (web site maintenance, email or phone contacts).
• Ordering equipment and supplies to keep the WHIR Center functioning.
• Oversee calibration and maintenance of equipment in the WHIR Center.
• Working knowledge of lab equipment and associated software that includes: treadmills, exercise bikes, heart rate monitors, metabolic measurement equipment, force plates, motion tracking systems, and other equipment for biomechanical measurement.
• Work with the WHIR Center director to develop policies and procedures relating to the operation of the WHIR Center and oversee compliance with established policies.
• Create protocols for common lab techniques, policies and procedures for data management (including those required for human subject research: IRB, HIPAA, NSF) and shared use of space and equipment.
• Coordinate external-facing WHIR Center activities.
• Seek external funding and assist WHIR director with writing grant applications.
• Coordinate specific WHIR Center-related programs and events (including the Coffee Chat Series around Careers in Women's Health).
• Improve/maintain WHIR website and social media handles.
• Collaborate with other offices on campus (e.g., Development, Alumnae Relations).
• Bachelor's Degree Required. MA or MS preferred.
• Background experience or training in one or more of the following areas: Biology, Physical Therapy, Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Food and Nutrition Science, Engineering, Public Health, Psychology, or a related area.
• Experience working with research on human subjects and with faculty from a graduate college, as well as with both undergraduate and graduate students.
• Experience coordinating sponsored research projects is desirable.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional organizational skills, good analytic skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a wide variety of people from multiple disciplines.
• Preferable for the candidate to have CPR training and experience with some of the following pieces of equipment (and associated software): heart rate monitors, treadmills, exercise bikes, metabolic measurement equipment, force plates, motion tracking systems, and other equipment for biomechanical measurement.
• Experience with Microsoft Programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, basic statistical and graphing software (e.g., SPSS and SigmaPlot), and other programs associated with equipment calibration and operation.
• Must also know how to do web site maintenance or be willing to learn how to perform this function.
• Budgeting skills, project management experience, policy work, and experience in financial settings is a plus, as is experience in grant writing and budget preparation.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please visit the St. Catherine University Employment Site at http://www.stkate.edu/hr. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply, as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Requisition number is #20180081-Staff. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review begins immediately. Position is opened until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer ~Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.