Associate Buyer, Dairy Frozen
Target Merchandising is evolving at an incredible pace. We are constantly reimagining how this $70 billion retailer offers the innovative, guest-inspiring items that Target is known and loved for. Our goal is to deliver exceptional value, quality and style to elevate Target as the premier retailer in a competitive global marketplace. Through intelligent and progressive business strategies that make the most of Target's resources and partnerships worldwide, Merchandising works across product categories to create a localized shopping experience online and in our 1800 stores. Are you a creative problem solver who loves to see your work translate into real results? Can you collaborate effectively, execute a plan efficiently and positively influence how Target chooses and presents the right product in the right place at the right price? If so, you will have success on one of our dynamic teams.
A role in Buying means working with several diverse vendors to choose the best product mix, both in-store and online. We help determine where to localize, while calibrating market positioning and acting as brand managers. Here, you'll own a wide SKU count so that your work is varied and challenging. Through cross-functional collaboration, instinct and creativity, you will be the expert on the guest, the market and the competition.
As an Associate Buyer, you'll execute advertising plans and strategies for your category via ad item selection, space allocation planning, pricing, ad volume forecasting and productivity analysis. You'll watch market trends, evaluate competitors, plan assortments and coordinate end-to-end promotional activities for the Buyer to review. In addition, you'll help Buyers with system input of item descriptions and markdown updates, and you'll generate reports to analyze weekly and monthly category metrics.
In partnership with product design and sourcing, you will support the Buyer in guiding product development and executing the financial plan for your categories. Aligning with cross-functional partners, you will manage communication with vendors to maximize sales and profit. Your unique strategic perspective will be integral to Buyers selecting items and assortments.
- A four-year degree or equivalent experience
- Strong financial, strategic and planning skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit with strong analytical, decision-making, and organization skills
- A performance-driven individual who demonstrates strong initiative and has superior leadership skills
- Flexibility and resiliency; comfortable working in “grey areas” that are constantly changing
- Comfortable taking risks, working through change and supporting creative chances
- 1+ years merchandising experience preferred
- Experience in temp-controlled Food businesses preferred