CAPS Intern - HR / Training & Development
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Unpaid internship
Job Description: This position is open ONLY to Shakopee High School CAPS participants.
Provides support to the Shakopee Mdewakanton Sioux Community (SMSC) Gaming Enterprise (GE) Human Resources Training & Development team. The HR Training & Development Intern will work closely with the Training & Development Specialists to research, enhance and develop departmental offerings.
Intern (non-paid, part-time position)
Primary Duties and Tasks
- Assist designing a standard Training Needs Assessment
- Develop a Department Operating Calendar for all programs/projects/tasks
- Develop an 30/60/90 day on-boarding communication plan & collateral resources
- Develop a standard on-line (housed in the Learning Management System, Cornerstone) Level 1, 2 and 3 session evaluation
- Assist in overhaul (programming, logistics, communication) of New Hire Orientation
- Assist in the execution of department training sessions which may include: New Hire Orientation, Guest Service
- Assist in the development/revision of collateral materials (handouts, visuals, participant guides, job aides etc.) for instructor led training (ILT) and computer based training (CBT)
- Actively participate in functional area (Training & Development), department (Human Resources Development) and division (Human Resources) meetings
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon
Possible projects include:
1) Assist in designing a standard Training Needs Assessment
o Research the components of an effective Needs Assessment and develop an on-line assessment that the Training & Development & Divisional Human Resources Representatives can use when working with Departments.
2) Develop a 30/60/90 on-boarding communication plan & collateral resources
o Based on on-boarding research, create an email communication plan & collateral resources (job aides, articles, tips for success) for new team members that will be distributed at the 30 day, 60 day and 90 day milestones.
3) Assist in the execution of department training sessions.
o Project could include (involvement with be mutually agreed upon by intern and supervisor based on business need and desired learning outcomes/skill set of the intern): Coordinate check-in, facilitate content, assist team members with wardrobe appointments, proctor Computer Based Tests, escort team members to department meetings
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Familiar with Microsoft Office products
- Able to work independently and with initiative
- Demonstrates critical thinking and sound decision making
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable speaking in front of small groups (3-4 people) and large groups (15-20 people)
- Abides by policies, regulations and laws