Field Operations Supervisor
METROPOLITAN MOSQUITO CONTROL DISTRICT
invites applications for the position of: Field Operations Supervisor
SALARY: $21.65 -$31.78 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 11/26/18
CLOSING DATE: 12/08/18 11:59 PM
Reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, performs duties including training and direction of seasonal work crews, application of control materials, detailed mapping, use of databases, and surveillance to best achieve district goals.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Assigns and monitors work to seasonal lower level inspectors; ensuring staff are trained; ensuring that employees follow set policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment and making performance, hiring and disciplinary recommendations.
- Evaluates the best method of treatment service by assessing or monitoring of surveillance and treatment within given work area.
- Provides technical support by updating and querying computer databases using detail knowledge of district material and strategies for surveillance and control operations.
- Reviews and updates timecards for accurate documentation of activities performed.
- Monitors staff on surveillance, control and set operating procedures. Coordinates technical data information in GIS systems.
- Communicates Public relations information to the public; (School Presentations, Community Parades and Fairs, Government Entities and Media Outlets).
- Creates and maintains accurate sets of GIS maps utilizing field data.
- Coordinates various administrative and upkeep duties related to vehicles and facilities.
- Participates in Team meetings & performs necessary team functions as it relates to District goals.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
- Applicable laws/rules and regulations pertaining to applications
- Managerial/supervisor Principles
- Standard Safety/OSHA requirements
- Knowledge of Mosquito/Black Fly/Tick biology and habitat
- Mid-level computer skills (Using a computer and applicable software applications)
- Using standard office equipment, i.e. copiers, fax machine, etc.
- Maintaining records and preparing reports
- Aptitude to coordinate monitoring and controlling mosquitoes/black flies/ticks
- Reading and understanding maps/plans
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Prioritizing and assigning work direction
- Skills in communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with co-workers, supervisor, the general public, ect. Sufficient to exchange or convey information and receive work direction.
Click here to apply: www.mmcd.org
** Resume and cover letter required for consideration.