Coordinator III, Music Department
Coordinator III, Music Department
Posted Date 2 weeks ago(11/26/2018 9:38 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 400198
Department/Unit Music - CAS
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Coordinator III opportunity within the Music department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Coordinator III serves as administrative coordinator supporting undergraduate and graduate programs, department chair, faculty and students. The position is responsible for overseeing music registration, course and event scheduling, payment requests, and other department logistics.
- Records and Registration Management
- Schedule music courses, manage student ensemble and lesson registration, and monitor curriculum changes
- Track jury, recital and proficiency completions
- Monitor music student status and degree program
- Prepare and review department reports including, but not limited to, enrollment and course scheduling
- Financial Management
- Process purchase orders, check requests, independent contractor forms, credit card reconciliations, and miscellaneous payments
- Prepare contracts for adjunct instructors
- Keep record of department scholarship awards
- Event Planning and Promotion
- Reserve space for department functions
- Request catering and set-up for events
- Assign stage management duties for student recitals and ensemble concerts
- Coordinate piano tuning schedule
- Manage department calendar
- Coordinate creation of posters and programs for music events
- Some in-person event management.
- Oversight of GPME workshops.
- Administrative support
- Provide administrative support to faculty and chair
- Oversee key and building access authorization
- Maintain office supplies
- Take minutes at faculty meetings, and prepare department handbooks
- Serve as primary point of contact for current students, faculty, staff, vendors and general public
- Assist GPME coordinator
- Supervise Student Employees
- Hire, train and assign work to student employees
- Monitor completion of assigned tasks
- Manage student employee work schedule
- Communications and Training
- Assist Program Manager and Recruitment Liaison with website/social media based on constituent feedback
- Facilitate communications between students, faculty and staff
- Attend staff meetings and trainings as needed
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- Four years of administrative experience
- Experience in program planning/coordination, financial management and general administration
- Music background
- Previous experience in the academic environment desirable
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer