Electrical Controls Engineer
The Electrical Controls Engineer will research, develop, design, and test electrical components, equipment, and systems. This includes:
- Design electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes
- Design and direct engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus and equipment, and determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products
- Design complex control systems that integrate hardware and software which includes PLCs and HMIs.
- Assist with preventative maintenance, emergency response, consulting, warranty, repair, and technical direction on industrial electrical equipment
- Travel to job sites to direct and coordinate start-up, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with emphasis in electrical controls and 5+ years of experience
- Experience with programmable logic controllers (PLC) and operator interface controllers such as HMI’s or touch-screens is required. This includes Allen Bradley and/or Siemens Automation.
- Understanding of operational processes, electrical power, electrical controls, pneumatics, and HVAC systems is preferred
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) is required
We offer a competitive wage based on experience as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
To learn more about working at GFS, visit http://gfscareers.us
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. GFS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender-identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
The continued success of our company is made possible by our talented, hardworking employees. We believe that every employee “makes their mark” on a company. This is especially true for a company of our size and culture. Although a large and growing business — with more than 400 employees — our heart is in the small town, homegrown values. Headquartered in Osseo, Wisconsin, we are just a short 20-minute drive to Eau Claire and less than a two-hour drive to the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Many of our employees enjoy spending their free time outdoors, with many year-round activities to choose from such as hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, boating and more!