Lead Data Analyst - Testing and Measurement
Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50
company and one of America's leading retailers.
Behind one of the world's best loved brands is a uniquely capable and brilliant team of data scientists, engineers and analysts. The Target Data & Analytics team creates the tools and data products to sustainably educate and enable our business partners to make great data-based decisions at Target. We help develop the technology that personalizes the guest experience, from product recommendations to relevant ad content. We're also the source of the data and analytics behind Target's Internet of Things (iOT) applications, fraud detection, Supply Chain optimization and demand forecasting.
As a Lead Analyst Testing & Measurement, you will take the lead in developing a deep understanding of the guest experience across digital channels to help support the cross-functional Target teams in making impactful, data-drive decisions. You'll understand and anticipate problems and move to solve them quickly. You'll create and automate reporting and insights at scale that informs and influences enterprise decisions. You'll democratize data and insights as you strive to deliver self-service tools to your partners and enable them to make better decisions quicker. You'll provide thought leadership in how we measure a business area from the code that we use to collect data, all the way to the application of the insights that you derive from reports and analysis. Based on that data, you'll hold products and businesses accountable for results against goals and objectives. With your strong communication skills, you will story-tell and educate business leaders by leveraging data, insights, testing and measurement plans.
- Develop deep understanding of the guest website experience, purchase behavior, platform and functionality usage.
- Empower leaders and organizations across Target by providing leading-edge high quality analysis, reporting and insights that uncovers opportunities for improvement and vulnerabilities to the Target e-commerce experience.
- Monitoring and analyzing session data to understand customer behavior and identify site issues that are adversely impacting conversion on the digital platform.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis necessary to gain insight into differences of various guest segments.
- Manage customer experience management tools maintenance and customization.
- Lead the creation and maintenance of events, hit attributes, dimensions, reports and dashboards in the customer experience management tools.
- Lead client onboarding for customer experience management tools, including training, regular check-ins, adoption and usage.
- Develop, nurture, and manage trusted relationships with enterprise teams through regular meetings and communication to help ensure data-driven analytic usage and adoption.
- Communicate useful insight that combines business knowledge and analytics in an easily understood language to audiences at all levels including senior leadership.
- Manage a variety of projects and generate project ideas through observations and interactions with enterprise partners.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally.
- Manage a small team of experienced analysts to deliver insightful analyses.
- Four-year degree, degree in technical/analytical fields or equivalent experience preferred.
- 8+ years of experience working in Digital or Retail in analytics and reporting.
- Expertise in customer experience management tools such as Tealeaf, User Replay
- Experience in multiple analytics tools such as: SQL, Excel, R, Hadoop/Hive, DOMO, spark, etc., or equivalent technologies with a strong desire and ability to learn new technologies and concepts
- Ability to handle, advocate and represent a variety of complex priorities, weighing the value to Target and the teams you support
- Broad business perspective with a strategic mindset and exceptional problem solving skills
- Demonstrated thought leadership and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to influence decisions without authority
- Proven record of using analytics to solve business problems by developing an analytical approach, identifying necessary data sources, executing the analysis and tying it to actionable business decisions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to partner with various levels of leadership within the organization
- Experience working in an Agile environment preferred
- Experience growing a Digital or Retail business preferred