Playtime/Pod 6 Leader PT
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $15.99 - $17.99 based on qualifications
Monitors the well being and safety of the children, contributes to sales and retention through positive communication with families, and assists with the implementation of developmentally appropriate activities. Provides a viable, safe, and fun entertainment and short term hourly care source to families. Ability to work in a Team Environment. Enjoys working with children.
POS cash register sales in atrium.
- Supervises children while providing care and support to children. Responsible for the care, hygiene, learning, and developmental activities, specialized programs, and redirection of children. Promotes positive child interactions.
- Oversees activities, works with Coordinator on activities and development. Understands, trains employees, and works with each area within Playtime/Pod 6 (Arcade, Playcare, Family Play, Group Trips, Short term care). Is aware of what is happening in the entire Atrium/Pod 6 while focusing on a small group of children. Follows procedures for host stand.
- Develops, prepares and participates in implementing daily activities and special events. Oversees in making sure the environment is inviting and appropriate.
- Recognizes injuries/incidents and completes forms using appropriate language. Communicates to families and Supervisor with confidentiality being a priority.
- Is calm and patient with children. Uses Playworks behavior guide techniques. Asks supervisor for help when needed with behavior concerns. Aware of and trains employees on all special needs of each child that is attending short term hourly care.
- Keeps work environment safe for children and employees. Maintains cleanliness and orderliness. Sanitizes equipment regularly.
- Communicates effectively with children, customers and employees in a variety of ways keeping high quality customer service and confidentiality a priority.
- Assist in evacuation and emergency procedures.
- Ensures the release of children to authorized people only.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must meet qualification and experience requirements from the MN Rule 3 guidelines for Teacher category.
- Two or more years of experience in an early childhood program or recreation program.
- CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Pass background check, work physical and drug test.
- On feet or standing 80% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.