Chiropractic Assistant (Exp. in a Chiro office Preferred)
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Assists the Chiropractor with tasks associated in the examination, gathering medical information, and providing manual therapies and other treatments as needed. Also provide some administrative support as needed.
- Schedules patient appointments and assist them with information as needed. Checks patients in and out utilizing the EPM system. Answers incoming phone calls.
- Assists the Chiropractors in the examination and evaluation of new patients by performing preliminary examination procedures, gathering health history information, and other relevant medical information.
- May assist the Chiropractor in providing manual therapies and other treatments as needed.
- Gather and maintain confidential patient information to ensure accurate records for medical reasons and billing purposes.
- Respond to all patient calls and requests, and under the direction of the Chiropractors also may respond to requests from other health care providers.
- Monitors medical supplies and equipment to ensure adequate supplies are on hand and ordered as needed, and medical equipment is serviced or repaired as needed.
- Complies with HIPAA rules and maintains all patient information confidentially and securely.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Good computer skills to include MS Word, Excel, and Outlook, as well as other business related software as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must hold and maintain Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification. If not CPR certified upon hire, must obtain certification within 90 days of employment.
- Prefer 2 or more years experience working in a clinic setting.
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary Chiropractic office and working with NextGen EPM