NeighborWorks Home Partners is seeking an entrepreneurial, experienced and customer-centric full-time Loan Officer to our join our growing organization.
Under the supervision of the Chief Program Officer, this position will deliver high quality residential mortgage origination by providing responsible lending opportunities to homebuyers with an emphasis on underserved markets that further the mission of NeighborWorks Home Partners. The Community Lending Advisor is responsible for assisting the customer through the full lending process, from welcoming the customer through file documentation and closure. An essential focus of this role is community networking to raise the profile of NWHP’s new first mortgage products, particularly for customers of diverse backgrounds.
We need a leader to help design and launch our first mortgage program. While you must have strong first mortgage origination experience, you are also a connector, eager to get out into the community and build a customer base for this program. You want to lead the way for our customers to have a fantastic first mortgage experience. You feel passionate about helping people, particularly to help us reduce the disparity gap in homeownership. Finally, you are resourceful and feel comfortable with technology as you will be designing and implementing a program that is new to our organization!
- 3+ years of first mortgage loan origination experience with strong credit & analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to thrive in a high production environment, requiring enthusiasm, self-motivation and a positive attitude.
- Strong knowledge in residential lending underwriting, delivery of documents, and regulations. Advanced understanding of factors affecting borrower’s successful homeownership.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings with staff and partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good judgment, common sense, maturity, tolerance for stress, and team spirit.
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary professional certifications.
- Fluency in two or more languages (including English).
- Passion for the mission of the organization.
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office, Calyx Point (or other loan origination software), SalesForce or other CRM
- Knowledge of affordable housing down payment assistance programs available in our market and capability to assist borrowers in accessing assistance.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends and maintain a flexible work schedule.
At NeighborWorks Home Partners, we offer a competitive benefits package, including employer paid accident and identity coverage, PTO, retirement, eleven holidays and a 38-hour work-week.
NeighborWorks Home Partners revitalizes neighborhoods by creating and supporting successful homeownership. We transform neighborhoods in St. Paul and surrounding communities through high-quality homebuyer education and counseling, home improvement lending and down payment assistance, foreclosure prevention services and the redevelopment of neglected properties and vacant lots to provide high-quality, safe, and sustainable housing. For over 35 years, we have assisted thousands of families achieve their dream of homeownership. Our office is located in St. Paul with convenient access to the interstate and mass transit (buses and green line train), with free parking available.
For more information, please visit: https://nwhomepartners.org/about/what-we-do/ NeighborWorks Home Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please visit our website at https://nwhomepartners.org/about/careers/ and select the Loan Officer role. Please submit your interest via website.
Disclaimer: The above statements may be abbreviated and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. NeighborWorks Home Partners reserves the right to change or modify such duties, as required. A complete job description is available on our website.
Apply for LOAN OFFICER
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly