Food Service Worker
Food Service Worker
Posted Date 1 month ago(2/6/2019 9:35 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 800070 , 890086
Department/Unit Dining Services - Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Food Service Worker position within the Dining Services Department.
The University of St. Thomas embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. This commitment is consistent with our mission to inspire our students, using the Catholic intellectual tradition, to think critically, work skillfully, and act wisely – all for the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Utility Food Service Worker assists with all aspects of non-cooking food preparation as part of the culinary team. This position is a 12 month, 1.0 FTE position. There are two position openings, one day-time and one evening. Both positions will require some weekend work.
The Food Service Worker position also assists with gathering food items, reading recipes and preparing food for service, as well as other necessary tasks.
This position may include nights and weekends as business levels dictate. This position is designated as Emergency Essential. Emergency Essential employees are expected to remain at work if the campus closes during their regular work schedule or to report to work if the campus closing announcement is made before their regular work schedule begins.
1. Provide assistance where needed in back-of-house or front-of-house operations
- Clean and prepare fresh food according to recipe specifications
- Pan up raw ingredients for later use in an organized and appealing manner
- Gather, weigh, measure and assemble all ingredients for use in standardized recipes
- Assemble catering trays, box lunches, etc. using standardized recipes
- Assist in dish room
- Assist with inventory and stocking
- Assist at catered events and as a line server
- Assist with cashiering
- Follow ServSafe food handling guidelines
- Other tasks as assigned
2. Document usages on production worksheet
- Use proper unit of measure when documenting quantities
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- One year of experience with food preparation in an institutional setting
- Two year's work experience with high volume food preparation and cooking
- ServSafe certification from the State of Minnesota
- Additional food preparation or cooking experience
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer