Posted Date 6 days ago(12/4/2018 10:51 AM)
Number of Openings 1
Closing Date Open Until Filled
Type of Search Staff
Who May Apply This position is open to all qualified applicants.
Position Number 800062
Department/Unit Dining Services - Auxiliary Services
FLSA Status Non-Exempt/Hourly
Employment Type Full-Time Staff
Assigned Months per Year 12
Benefits Eligible Yes
The University of St. Thomas invites qualified candidates to apply for a Cook position within the Dining Services Department.
Inspired by Catholic intellectual tradition, the University of St. Thomas educates students to be morally responsible leaders who think critically, act wisely, and work skillfully to advance the common good. A successful candidate will possess a commitment to the ideals of this mission statement.
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
The University of St. Thomas offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Up to 100% tuition remission for employees, spouses, and dependents upon eligibility
- A generous Employer retirement contribution of 9.4% of annual salary upon eligibility
- Medical, dental, and vision options
- Employer-paid disability, life, and AD&D benefits
The Cook I position is a short-order, open line cook who interacts with customers to make made-to-order menu items. This position also assists with general food preparation tasks, such as gathering food items, reading recipes and preparing food for service.
This position is a 12 month, 1.0 FTE position.
This position works a flexible schedule that may include nights and weekends as business levels dictate. This position is designated as Emergency Essential. Emergency Essential employees are expected to remain at work if campus closes during their regular work schedule or to report to work if the campus closing announcement is made before their regular work schedule begins.
1. Set up/close down open line work station for service based on provided recipes, planograms, etc. in a clean and timely manner.
2. Prepare customized, made-to-order menu items in a high-volume environment, with a focus on food presentation and speed of service (saute, grill, pizza, etc.)
3. Provide assistance where needed in back-of-house or front-of-house operations
- Clean and prepare fresh food according to recipe specifications
- Pan up raw ingredients for later use in an organized ant appealing manner
- Gather, weigh, measure and assemble all ingredients for use in standardized recipes
- Assemble catering trays, box lunches, etc. using standardized recipes
- Follow ServSafe food handling guidelines
- Label and date items once opened
- Other tasks as assigned
4. Document usages on production worksheet
- Use proper unit of measure when documenting quantities
- High school education or the equivalent
- Two (2) years of experience in large-scale institutional food preparation and volume cooking
- Culinary school training
- ServSafe certification from the State of Minnesota
HOW TO APPLY
On the University of St. Thomas Jobs page, follow the instructions to complete an online application which includes uploading a resume and copy/pasting a job specific cover letter.
In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with the University of St. Thomas requires consent and successful completion of a background screening.
The University of St. Thomas, Minnesota Human Resources Department advertises the official job listing on its website at www.stthomas.edu/jobs.
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer