Sr. Engineering Manager - Enterprise Checkout
As a Sr. Engineering Manager, you will lead an engineering team in an agile environment building solutions. The key to the success of this position is having strong & innovative approach to problem solving, great technical leadership, excellent communication (written and verbal, formal and informal), flexibility, and a self-motivated working style with attention to detail.
Enterprise Checkout platform is used to provide consistent API Experience across all Guest shopping channels which includes 1800+ Stores, Web, Mobile Apps, Self Service, 3rd Party etc. The Enterprise Checkout platform is built on microservice architecture which is a distributed approach designed to surmount the limitations of monolithic architectures by aiding to scale a product by enabling agility, innovation, quality of code, scalability, and availability.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals. As a Sr. Engineering manager, on the Enterprise Checkout team, you'll take the lead as you…
- Manage overall software development cycle, driving best practices and ensuring development of high-quality code for common assets and framework components.
- Build and lead a team of high caliber software development engineers
- Architect and develop the best technical design and approach
- Manage and execute against project/agile plans and set deadlines
- Drive resolution of technology roadblocks including code, infrastructure, build and deployment
- Manage cross-product technical dependencies and drive resolutions to conflicts
- Advocate for technologies, frameworks, design patterns, processes and guiding values of the domain architecture
- Ensure all code adheres to all development & security standards
- 8+ years of engineering (software development) experience. Experience with at least one full cycle implementation from requirement to production. Experience in building/implementing high performance & scalable server-side applications
- 1+ years of managing software development teams with a strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional projects
- Experience operating medium to large scale systems
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to variety of audiences
- BS degree in computer science or equivalent
- Experience with Kotlin, Java, Groovy, Ratpack, Spring Boot, Kafka, Cassandra
- eCommerce experience with a track record of innovation
- Contribute back to the Open Source community is desirable
- Extensive experience working in an agile environment (i.e. user stories, iterative development, etc.)