Lead Specialist Corporate Security
The Lead Specialist Corporate Security is responsible for leveraging established procedures to support, coordinate, and direct all daily operations that enable Target's business, team members, guest, communities, or reputation. This position is responsible for using best practices to guide a team of non-exempt Specialists in executing physical security initiatives that fulfill the phases of incident prevention, identification, response, and communication. The Lead Specialist Corporate Security is responsible for on-boarding new team members to Corporate Security Services. This role demands pre-planning for five weeks of training, coordinating with internal partners across multiple pyramids, and processing of new team member access privileges. The Lead Specialist Corporate Security is responsible for end-to-end on-boarding of new team members during the five week period. The Lead Specialist Corporate Security is responsible for coordinating schedules for all Specialists. This process occurs weekly for 15 full-time non-exempt team members and requires consistent maintenance. Scheduling for special events, safe and secure action plans, VIP appointments, or holidays, is also performed in this job.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• On-Boarding: Responsible for developing a plan for newly hired Specialists. The on-boarding plan spans over a five week period and includes scheduling, interaction with leaders, and submission of all required access/technical needs.
• Training: Leads all new hires through daily activities during the on-boarding process and also supports the Sr Manager in continuing readiness training for all Specialists. The readiness training process is a highly engaging and includes mock scenarios, certification refreshers, documentation, team and organizational culture, and all aspects of Corporate Security Services operations.
• Team Scheduling: Coordinates and manages all non-exempt staff scheduling. Rotational changes can occur as needed and ad hoc to account for time off requests, new hires, call-offs, and special event support. Team Member Support: Provides support and peer coaching for internal team members regarding soft skills, policies/procedures, system functionality, and personal development. Supports the Sr Manager with recruiting, interviewing, and hiring highly qualified Specialists.
• Leader On Duty (LOD): Responsible for daily operations. The LOD will assist Sr Manager ensuring all security posts are operating efficiently. This responsibility will be specific to the Lead Specialist role.
• Incident and Crisis Management: Works collaboratively with various partners including Corporate Security, Corporate Real Estate, Corporate Command Center, and Emergency Responders to prepare for, monitor for, respond to, and communicate all incidents and crisis events that may impact Target corporate locations.
• Operational Readiness: Supports the Sr Manager in developing strategic plans, goals, and objectives by identifying opportunities for process changes and improvements, to ensure operational readiness.
• Special Events: Leads on-site special events including safe and secure plans, VIP appointments, events, and high risk terminations to ensure all plans are executed as expected.
• Technology Support: Serves as the point of contact for technology support, to ensure all security systems and tools are functioning as intended.
• Project Management: Actively taking part on Corporate Security Services projects. This role may range from consulting to owning projects based on complexity.
• Resource for Others: Serves as a resource to internal leaders and team members, as well as external public and private partners or agencies. Troubleshooting and researching questions, communicating subject matter expertise, and providing benchmarking information are a regular activity.
• Other duties as assigned. Reporting/Working Relationships: This position will report directly to the Sr Manager Corporate Security. The Lead Specialist will also interact with Corporate Security Services, Global Crisis Management, Corporate Real Estate, Executive Services, Corporate Security Solutions, Communications, various levels Headquarters' leadership, and key external safety and security partners.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Three to six years of relevant work experience.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Above average computer hardware and software knowledge.
• Strong passion for delivering a great guest experience with every interaction.
• Ability to interact in a friendly, emphatic, and professional manner.
• Detail oriented with an ability to prioritize.
• Demonstrated leadership abilities.
• Strong decision making ability during both crisis and non-crisis situations.
• Ability to multi-task and use various resources to proactively answer questions, identify problems, and perform activities to resolve issues.
• Able to work with confidential information.
• Able to work and communicate effectively with all levels of leadership.
• Ability to effectively work within, and lead a team without authority.
• Ability to work in often stressful environments.
• Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
• Additional training or knowledge of physical security, crisis management, and team leadership.
• Experience and interest in project management involving physical security, technology, and strategy.
• Knowledge of Target policies and procedures.
• Knowledge in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Office 360, and Sharepoint).