Dry Cleaning Attendant 8am-4:30pm $14/hr
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $14.00 / hr
Operates Industrial laundering, dry cleaning, chemical dispensers, and steam pressing machines in conjunction with other work such as sorting, spotting, folding, and pressing. Applies high guest service standards.
- Sorts articles into lots of equal weight, color, and type while picking out those that may need hand spotting or treatment of stains and loads into dry cleaning machine.
- Operates all dry cleaning equipment including various dry cleaning machines, presses, washers, dryers, a steam tunnel and computer. Responsible for entering the programs for all programmable machines.
- Irons and presses clean articles, or sends them to the finishing section where the garments are pressed by steam.
- Checks and inspects garments to make sure customer requirements have been met. Determines how best to process garments based on the makeup.
- Cleans dry cleaning area, bathrooms, break room and janitor's closet.
- Performs basic maintenance on dry cleaning and pressing equipment.
- Maintains and replaces dry cleaning solution.
- Ability to speak basic English
- Requires passing a color vision test
- On feet or standing 100% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs (65% of shift).
- Exposure to heat/odors.
- Combination of heat from the dry cleaning and steam pressing machines causes an environment that can be warm and humid.