External Accounting Specialist (Bookkeeper)
The bookkeeping role is responsible for learning and applying their technical skills and working as part of a team.
- Maintains general ledger activity on a per project basis.
- Effectively document work for month-end and year-end reconciliations to meet client deadlines.
- Develops technical skills on the job and through formal learning channels.
- Works as an effective team member to complete projects and assigned tasks.
- Identifies task issues as well as task progress in a timely and organized manner.
- Participates in office wide initiatives.
- Builds strong team relationship skills.
- Builds strong relationships with clients of the firm.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior bookkeeping experienced preferred.
- Prior payroll experience preferred.
- Meet minimum standard for chargeable hours.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Team player with a positive “can do” approach.
- Ability to apply self to learning and applying technical skills.
- Co-operative team player.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working in MS Office Suite, QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Desktop, Xero, and/or other small business accounting software.
This job description may apply to employees in different departments. The information below is intended to document the most common situations and may vary by position /department. Refer to management or human resources for specific information pertaining to this position.
This job description is intended to be a general guideline for applicants, employees and managers. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, expectations or qualifications. This description does not create a contract or guarantee of employment. Management reserves the right to modify job responsibilities, expectations and qualifications.