Hearing Aid Technician/Assembler
Empire Ears, a leading manufacturer and retailer of premium in-ear monitors, is looking for a Hearing Aid Technician/Assembler experienced in hearing aids or in-ear monitor manufacturing to join our Norcross, GA (Metro Atlanta area) office. Relocation expenses provided for hired candidate.
You must be highly skilled, detail-oriented, and a team player; able to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. Full time position. Pay range $15 to $17 per hour, depending on experience. Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision Insurance, PTO, and more.
Job Purpose: Prep, assembles and/or repairs in-ear monitors, partially or completely, by performing the following duties as listed below.
- Communicates and listens effectively in a professional and courteous manner.
- Has good attention to detail and organizational skills (works neatly).
- Manually installs electronic components and jumper wires according to knowledge of unit being assembled by following written directions and/or drawings and/or schematics.
- Creates soldered connections to applicable quality standards.
- Utilizes solder iron, microscope and small hand tools for positioning parts to assist in assembly operation.
- Using a solder iron and microscope: (1) melts and applies solder to miniature speaker pads; (2) wires and builds each product according to the schematic and specs; (3) cuts, grinds and buffs product before applying finished coating; (4) applies clear finishing coating to products as required; (5) tests and checks each product for sound quality standards and specs; and (6) checks product to make sure it is wired, built and/or finished according to the order form.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High-school diploma or higher preferred.
- Experience soldering and wiring hearing aids or in-ear monitors is required.
- Good eye/hand coordination - can work with small parts and assemblies.
- Comfortable using a solder iron and microscope.
- Attention to detail - requires careful attention to detail and thoroughness in completion of work tasks.
- Dependability - requires being reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligations.
- Ability to learn, grow and work hard.
- Positive attitude, with the ability to learn quickly and work independently.
- Takes pride in creating extraordinary products to enhance the performance and lives of our customers, one in-ear monitor at a time.