Overnight Public Safety Officer
St. Catherine University is accepting applications for two full-time Overnight Public Safety Officers in its Public Safety Department. Public Safety Officers are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe and secure campus community environment, providing excellent customer service to students, staff, and visitors, and effectively handling occasional emergency/crisis situations such as severe weather, medical emergencies, assaults, and fire. The Public Safety Department takes a proactive approach to campus safety, and has officers on duty 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This position will work 40 hours/week, with 10-12-hour shifts beginning at 6 p.m. Shifts will be scheduled Monday-Friday and every other weekend.
Compensation starts at $16/hour with full benefits, including tuition remission at St. Kate's (and other participating schools) for employees and their families. Employees receive on the job training and have opportunities for career advancement.
• Effective patrol of buildings and grounds.
• Locking and unlocking buildings according to designated schedules.
• Responding to calls for assistance and providing escort services.
• Enforcing parking regulations.
• Providing effective response, investigation, and documentation of unusual or criminal incidents, medical
emergencies, and fire alarms.
• As a dispatcher, handle incoming calls and monitor responses.
• Conduct routine safety inspections of buildings and grounds using OSHA and other regulatory guidelines.
• Provide point-to-point service per University shuttle transportation schedule in designated University vehicle.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• At least six months of experience in customer service, community engagement or volunteer work.
• Strong leadership, decision-making, critical thinking, and problem solving abilities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; PC experience helpful.
• Candidates must have the ability to work with cultural and gender diversity.
• Must consent to finger printing and criminal history (background) investigation.
• Must have a history of a clean driving record and meet University Van Certification qualifications.
To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University Employment Site to electronically apply for this position. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Application review begins immediately. The deadline to apply is January 7, 2019.
The successful candidate must have the ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue
St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/Drug Free Workplace Employer
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.