- Employment Status
- Full Time
Inginaire is seeking a Sr. Project/Design Engineer for our client, a medical device components manufacturer, in St. Paul. The individual in this role will be responsible for managing a product from customer concept to production. Provides project management, technical market understanding, and works with customers to ensure successful results. This is a direct hire role.Duties
- Lead multiple parallel projects with varying scopes, deliverables and deadlines from customer concept to production release using established processes.
- Contributes customer design insight into processes, fixtures, and equipment for customer specified products.
- Assist customers to understand design criteria, commercial aspects, and resolve ambiguities.
- Responsible for ensuring project team is equipped to execute on validation and verification requirements based on customer needs.
- Responsible for part costing as well as leading internal technical review at time of quote/order acknowledgement.
- Accountable for the overall project status and budget.
- Prepare accurate project plans in appropriate detail and assure milestones are achieved. Accurately report and communicate progress and bottlenecks. Request additional resources when needed.
- Develop and follow a disciplined approach to project management in order to effectively communicate and document customer needs and associated actions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Support business line, sales, and customers to accurately communicate and represent the client?s capabilities.
- Pursue technology initiatives in accordance with customer and market priorities.
- May provide training to others based on expertise, or demonstrated work performance. Uses training tracking system and ensures training requirements are up to date on a regular basis.
- Works with a positive attitude and acts within the principles of the Core Values. Adheres to the Code of Conduct Policy as applicable for position.
- Performs other duties as assigned by advisor or the company.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or Material Science
- 7 years minimum industry experience
- Project management skills with solid technical knowledge, preferably in a variety of technical fields
- Experience with customer interaction and communication of technical information.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking.
- Must be able to clearly articulate and listen attentively to questions, concerns and feedback from coworkers and customers.
- Must be able to create legible, accurate, and detailed documents that clearly communicate product and manufacturing expectations.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing equipment and project management.
- Ability to effectively improve processes with minimal direction and information.
- Understand human and cultural differences and provide resolution strategies without becoming emotionally involved.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative and creativity.
- Demonstrate exemplary attendance; promote continuous improvement.
- Be respectful of coworkers and embrace high quality standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Distinguished through consistent display of leadership by example.
- Ability to anticipate and practice participative management style.