- Employment Status
- Full Time
Inginaire is seeking a Sr. Project/Design Engineer for our client, a medical device components manufacturer, in St. Paul. The individual in this role will be responsible for designing and assembling a variety of equipment including progressive dies, stage tooling, draw tooling and/or stamping tooling. This is a direct hire opportunityDuties
- Provides hands-on design and CAD expertise for internal projects
- Works effectively with suppliers, internal engineers and toolmakers to achieve project objectives
- Provides internal process analysis and recommendation for technical improvement
- Accurately designs and details equipment and tooling utilizing Solid Works solid modeling software.
- Purchases, assembles and troubleshoots components and systems to ensure successful implementation and qualification in production
- Actively participates in development, design and implementation of new technologies and equipment
- Manages project technical progress, schedule and financial impact to assure milestones are achieved
- Accurately reports and communicates progress and bottlenecks
- Seeks additional resources when needed
- Observes processes and provides detailed analysis and recommendations for tooling and fixtures
- BS in Engineering (mechanical, manufacturing or related engineering field)
- Five years industry experience preferred
- Excellent and clear verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Sold Works solid modeling software or equivalent
- Must demonstrate strong collaborative communication skills.
- Must understand customer design intent and impact of critical dimensions on product performance.
- Must possess a strong general understanding of mechanical, electro-mechanical, and automated systems
- Must develop and follow a disciplined and detailed approach to project management and design process.
- Must be able to draw on prior knowledge and experience and adapt to initiate effective solutions to problems at hand
- Must demonstrate a high level of initiative and creativity
- Must be able to perform independently.
- Must be adaptive to change and willing to support a variety of work assignments to fulfill internal and external customer expectations.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment.