Store Operations Business Partner - Communication & Field Engagement
Description: About Us:Target is an iconic brand, a Fortune 50 company and one of America's leading retailers.Right on pace with Target's distinctive retail brand, Target Store Operations is continuing to transform the way it operates. Here, your work directly supports the store mission to be the guest favorite through successfully developing and communicating the processes for operations, style and experience, new structures, new operating models and new technology, and utilizing workforce management activities for our +1,800 locations nationwide. Store Operations manages and enhances the informational resources for researching and resolving operational issues, while guiding and communicating with the field team and leaders who use them. Are you a customer service enthusiast who can actively listen to many points of view and then visualize how they'll perform when operationalized in a store? Are you happy to partner with leaders as well as field team members who are often the experts on how well a process is working? Can you creatively envision more efficient processes and how they'll deliver a better experience for guests and team members? Do you possess the innovative mindset to question the status quo, and the confidence to work under varying degrees of ambiguity and well-informed experimentation? Then you'll have success on one of our dynamic teams.A role with Communication & Field Engagement will entail working with cross-functional partners to create and deliver just-in-time communication to store teams and field leaders. You'll work to deliver communication designed to help them understand how to bring a modernized guest experience to life in stores as well as manage day-to-day operations. You'll work with peers in Store Communications to modernize the content and delivery method for store communication, moving away from lengthy printed guides to bite-sized mobile content. Use your talents and experience to apply company-established practices and processes to deliver work under general direction. You will provide support to projects and programs and set objectives for own work based on the needed support. As a Business Partner, you will:
- Support store teams and field leadership with well-written communication delivered via emails, guides/manuals, message boards, internal website, mobile device, etc. Topics could include store process updates, store tests, new programs/initiatives, promotional information and urgent executional needs.
- Consult with HQ partners, manage communication planning and timing, and own the writing of the content/messaging - including writing for mobile.
- Think critically about the right audience, timing, and vehicle for every message.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive communication plans and manage milestones along the way to completion.
- Partner with team members across the organization to understand their strategies and improve store performance through effective and concise communication.
- Engage with peers to improve internal communication best practices.
- Act as an advocate for stores when developing communication plans so all team members receive the information they need to quickly execute projects and tasks.
- Regularly engage with the field to gain feedback on the effectiveness of communication.
- Support Comm-on-Call functions and respond to escalated communication requests, as needed.
- Job duties may change at any time due to business needs
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or Public Relations
- 1-4 years of practical communications experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work within and deliver on tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work collaboratively with key business partners
- Strong computer skills and ability to adapt quickly to using digital tools