Ranked Faculty - Director of BSW Field Education
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Department of Social Work at St. Catherine University invites applicants for a full-time, rolling contract, professional faculty position with primary responsibility to oversee the BSW field education program. There will be some teaching responsibility, normally two courses per year. A start date of March 4, 2019 is preferred.
The Department of Social Work at St. Catherine University offers BSW and MSW programs. The BSW program is a thriving generalist program and is well respected in the practice community. The Department of Social Work will soon join the St Catherine University School of Health and will continue to explore ways to deepen its relationship and engagement within the context of the School. The vibrant and diverse cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul are well known for their cultural and social amenities and have been consistently named one of the most livable metropolitan areas in the U.S.
Responsibilities: The director is responsible for the administration of the BSW Field Education Program at St. Catherine University. The director provides leadership in the development and implementation of field curriculum, supervises field faculty and professional staff, collaborates with field agencies, and interacts with other schools of social work regarding local, regional and national field education standards and policies. The director assures appropriate educational processes are implemented to support student learning and students’ professional development. The director leads efforts to recruit, develop, and provide ongoing support to field instructors and field agency sites. The ideal candidate will:
• Recruit potential field sites and vet sites to ensure appropriate learning opportunities and supervision.
• Continuously monitor and support current field sites including providing orientation, training and consultation.
• Collaborate with the Director of MSW Field Education to provide ongoing training, support, and guidance for agency field instructors.
• Oversee placement and performance of all eligible BSW students in field agencies.
• Supervise field faculty liaisons (oversee the hire of teaching faculty, complete annual field evaluations, chair BSW field program meetings).
• Maintain a student/agency placement database, field manual, field course syllabi, and field forms and procedures.
• Assure compliance with program and field competencies, policies and procedures, including Council of Social Work Education accreditation standards for field education.
• Participate actively on the Social Work Assessment Committee, collaborating with faculty on accreditation self-study and site visit preparation as both relate to field education.
• Collaborate closely with BSW faculty and BSW field programs and with other BSW programs, as needed.
The university is comprised of a diverse student body. Applicants should be prepared to support and work collaboratively with all students to help them use their training to lead and influence.
Qualified candidates will have a master’s degree in social work (MSW) from a CSWE-accredited social work program, graduate level licensure (LICSW, LISW or equivalent), and a minimum of three years post-MSW practice experience. The successful applicant will have exceptional problem-solving and organizational skills, the ability to collaborate effectively with a broad array of stakeholders, and the ability to manage multiple demands and responsibilities.
Preferred: A doctoral degree and/or significant field administration experience. Experience in program management/development and supervision. Active LICSW/LICSW or LISW/LICSW-eligible in the state of Minnesota.
Desirable: Professional experience in social work field education; field administration, field instruction and/or substantial field supervision.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
Our department seeks candidates whose teaching, scholarship, and service contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity. Preference is given to individuals who have experience teaching, conducting scholarly work and/or serving multicultural, underrepresented, and/or marginalized populations.
Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to electronically submit. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Please include a cover letter including your vision for the future of social work field education, a CV, and a statement of teaching, community involvement, and leadership philosophy. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide three references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Dr. Pa Der Vang. Review of applications begins 1/2/2019 and continues until the position is filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.