Tenure-Track Faculty- Apparel, Merchandising and Design
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Apparel, Merchandising and Design Department at St. Catherine University seeks strong candidates for a full time, 9-month, and tenure-track position in fashion merchandising department. Rank and salary commensurate with experience.
• Develop and teach introductory and upper level courses, primarily in Retail Math, Buying and Sourcing, Visual Merchandising, Internship, and Omnichannel Retail, as well as in the areas of Fashion Careers, History of Dress, Aesthetics and Trends, or Sociocultural Aspects of Dress in online, hybrid, and traditional formats. The teaching load is six sections (24 credits) per academic year.
• Commit to developing interdisciplinary programs including minors.
• Advising and mentoring students, and contributing to fashion club activities & Katwalk fashion show production.
• Maintain and elevate the program's reputation in fashion merchandising.
• Commitment to sustainability and social responsibility.
• Develop and maintain up-to date industry knowledge and contextual societal trends.
• Develop and maintain connections with retail industry and related professions.
• Actively engage in research and disseminate outcomes through peer-reviewed publications.
• Collaborate with students in research and special projects.
• Actively participate in professional organizations.
• May manage historic dress collection.
• Nurture an environment of caring and support, and are easily accessible to students.
• Serve the university through active participation in governance and various committees.
The university is comprised of a diverse student body. Applicants should be prepared to support and work collaboratively with all students to help them use their training to lead and influence.
• Terminal master's degree in retail merchandising or related field with significant industry and teaching experience.
• Preference given to candidates with a Doctoral degree in fashion merchandising or related field with teaching or industry experience.
• Evidence of a commitment to excellence in research and teaching.
• Ability to support University's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the university's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service.
Our department seeks candidates whose teaching, scholarship, and service contribute to the University’s commitment to diversity. Preference is given to individuals who have experience teaching, conducting scholarly work and/or serving multicultural, underrepresented, and/or marginalized populations.
Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to electronically submit. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Please include a cover letter, CV, and a statement of teaching interests.Candidates selected for interview will need to provide 3 references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Dr. Anupama Pasricha email@example.com. Review of applications will begin March 1, 2019 and will continue until the position is filled; however, priority will be given to complete applications received by March 1, 2019.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.