Sr Logistics Analyst - Inbound Transportation Performance Analysis and
The Inbound Transportation Performance team is a group of intellectually curious managers and analysts that generate insights using data that supports our transportation execution partners. Our goal is to work hand in hand with our execution teams to increase speed to guest and reduce transportation spend creating value for Target Corp. and maximize guest satisfaction. The team currently uses a wide variety of analytics tools including Excel/Access, R, SAS, Python, SQL, and proprietary BI platforms (similar to Tableau) to work with small, sparse datasets as well as big data platforms like Hadoop. The Senior Analyst of Inbound Transportation Performance Analysis will play a central leadership role in supporting these initiatives.
As a Senior Analyst, you will:
- Develop scalable solutions and key performance indicators to monitor supply chain performance
- Perform complex data analysis to identify root causes and implement corrective actions
- Streamline and simplify complex business processes through technology
- Use data and metrics to deeply understand the business, identify areas in need of improvement, influence others, and measure the impact of actions.
- Advocate for decisions based on what is good for Target holistically and act as agents for change instead of accepting the status quo.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT, or related technical field, or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in SQL, ETL, and BI (Tableau, Domo,etc) experience in a large-scale, complex business environment
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Advance ability to draw insights from data and clearly communicate them to stakeholders and senior management as required
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Ability to simplify and improve inefficient complex processes
- Master's Degree or MBA
- Experience in distribution or transportation
- Familiarity with R and Python