Sr Logistics Analyst - Inbound Transportation Performance Analysis and
3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
The Inbound Transportation Performance team is a group of intellectually curious managers and analysts that generate insights using data that supports our transportation execution partners. Our goal is to work hand in hand with our execution teams to increase speed to guest and reduce transportation spend creating value for Target Corp. and maximize guest satisfaction. The team currently uses a wide variety of analytics tools including Excel/Access, R, SAS, Python, SQL, and proprietary BI platforms (similar to Tableau) to work with small, sparse datasets as well as big data platforms like Hadoop. The Senior Analyst of Inbound Transportation Performance Analysis will play a central leadership role in supporting these initiatives.
As a Senior Analyst, you will:
- Use data and metrics to deeply understand the business, identify areas in need of improvement, influence others, and measure the impact of actions.
- Through partnerships, build systems, structures and tools to capture and report out on data.
- Advocate for decisions based on what is good for Target holistically and act as agents for change instead of accepting the status quo.
- Promote ownership and engagement across all levels of our organization.
- Think about problems and solutions creatively and without bias for the way things are now.
- Respond to large impact events with urgency and an “all hands on deck” attitude.
- Be intellectually curious around operational improvement opportunities
- In situations where reliable data does not exist, look for creative ways to obtain it
- Influence system owners to build data or create processes to capture data
- Analyze key performance metrics to root cause performance issues and drive change
- Contribute to the development of tools and processes which make the team more efficient
- 4 year degree in supply chain, operations, or related field
- Proficient with one or more tools for analysis and reporting including: Domo, SQL, SAS, R, Python, BI (Tableau), VBA, or big data (Hadoop)
- Proven track record of taking ownership, driving results, managing multiple projects and ability to teach others
- Analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving problems
- Process-oriented with strong analytical and communication skills
- Can make decisions with little to no guidance from manager or other leaders
- A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
- Scheduling may require flexibility when working with overseas partners
- 5+ years of business experience in supply chain, logistics, and transportation