Accounts Payable/Payroll Specialist
Position Overview | Responsible for accounts payable and related analysis using Dynamics GP as well as payroll processing using ADP. This position requires a candidate who is knowledgeable in basic accounting and payroll. Candidates should thrive in a fast paced environment, be flexible and well organized to deal with the constant shifting demands.
- High school diploma required
- Associate’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience in accounting and/or payroll
- Experience with computerized payroll systems, preferably ADP
- Knowledge of standard payroll concepts, practices and procedures preferred
- Prior general accounting experience preferred
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Exceptional attention to detail, meeting deadlines, and providing a high-level of customer service
- Works well independently as well as with other members of the team
- Able to be consistently accurate
- Requires the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Payroll Processing and Accounting Support:
- Processes employee payroll information ensuring accurate and timely payment made to employees for each payroll period.
- Ensures status changes and audits of time records are accurate and any discrepancies are addressed and resolved.
- Responds to payroll questions and concerns of employees, researching records and involving other resources/staff as needed.
- Provides payroll reporting support.
- Responsible for answering employee questions and troubleshooting issues in a timely manner.
- Ensures that rules and regulations concerning confidentiality, privacy and retention are followed.
- Compile incoming vendor invoices, verify approvals, determine account coding and enter invoices into Dynamics GP.
- Process expense reports created in Tenrox and space Expense by verifying supporting documentation.
- Create export data report and import to Dynamics GP.
- Process media invoices and update internally shared spreadsheets for vendor invoices received.
- Reconcile media invoices and shared spreadsheets to project accounting software and media budgets.
- Check printing including assembling checks with proper remittance information.
- Maintain 1099 data for contract employees and prepare the annual filings.
- Assist others on the accounting team as needed with filing, ad hoc vendor questions, and other general accounting functions.
- Other projects as assigned.