7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
JustUs Health, formed through a merger between the Minnesota AIDS Project (MAP) and Rainbow Health Initiative (RHI), envisions a Minnesota where people from diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities experience health and wellness in powerfully inclusive environments. Founded in 1983, MAP is widely recognized for the impact of its prevention and support services for individuals living with HIV or at risk of HIV infection. RHI, founded in 2001, advances the health of the LGBTQ communities through research, education and advocacy. Together, JustUs Health will lead work to achieve health equity for diverse gender, sexual, and cultural communities.
JustUs Health provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. People of color, transgender people, and gender non-conforming people are strongly encouraged to apply.
JustUs Health (www.justushealth.mn) seeks a full-time Housing Specialist. This position works within Housing program that includes: 1) HIV housing systems advocacy work to increase housing opportunities for people living with HIV, 2) the housing access coordination project that will prepare people in case management and transitional housing waitlists for housing; and 3) THP, a scattered-site transitional program for low income HIV-positive individuals and families.
The THP program assists clients in obtaining and maintaining housing. Housing subsidies are provided to eligible individuals. The Housing Specialist provides housing education and referrals. This position provides support to individuals and family in the Twin Cities and Greater Minnesota.
- Engage with clients one-on-one to develop rapport and build relationships.
- Conduct initial and on-going housing assessments.
- Develop actions plans in partnership with clearly defined goals and action steps to achieve identified goals.
- Provide assistance with apartment searches and lease signing.
- Collaborate with HIV Medical Case Managers and community landlords.
- Maintain an understanding of program eligibility criteria, verification processes and documentation standards and complete documentation using electronic databases.
- Provide referrals and education on renter’s rights and responsibilities.
- Work with clients on seeking permanent housing solutions.
- Facilitate rental subsidies.
- Support team members in work efforts through client consultation, coverage, referral education, etc.
- High school diploma required. An undergraduate degree in social work, public health, or human services is preferred.
- Demonstrated capacity to identify/address and intervene on clients’ housing barriers.
- Background in housing and/or HIV, substance abuse and mental health.
- Demonstrated skill and expertise working with African American and multi-racial communities who are disproportionately impacted by HIV. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated comfort and skill in addressing Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer and Transgender health issues. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Demonstrated capacity to work with HIV-positive people, and those engaged in risk behaviors for HIV in individual settings. Those with lived experiences in these communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Comfort working independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal/written communication, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Valid Minnesota Driver’s license is required. Access to reliable transportation and ability to travel independently throughout the state of Minnesota is required.
Hours: Full time, 9:00–5:00, Monday-Friday, 40 hours/week
Apply for Housing Specialist
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly