Inside Sales Representative
This is a sales position. The Inside Sales Representative (ISR) promotes and sells Data Recognition Corporation assessment product and services (pre-K through adult) via telephone, email contact, and through web-based presentation tools. The ISR is assigned a defined set of states (territory) and works independently in order to achieve a sales quota established for that territory. Sales functions include, but are not limited to: prospecting, qualify leads, convert and close opportunities, and give presentations to customers. The ISR is an hourly position and works from our Minnesota based office. Occasional travel required to attend national and regional sales meetings as needed. Travel is minimal for this position.
Essential Skills Needed for Success
- Self-starter, ability to design work plan necessary to achieve established goals with minimal daily supervision.
- Design and then implement a territory management strategy including, but not limited to the following: warm calls into current accounts, cold calls into target accounts, inbound lead management, customer presentations (via web), and identifying marketing campaigns.
- Consistently meet or exceed assigned quota.
- Manage & grow existing accounts.
- Prospect and develop new accounts.
- Produce qualified leads from outbound cold calling.
- Efficiently and effectively follow-up with and manage all leads and opportunities (phone, web, referral, self-generated, etc.)
- Proactively close converted opportunities by keeping the sales process moving forward.
- Serve as a liaison between customers and appropriate company departments such as customer service, technical support, finance/accounting, and other professional services.
- Identify and resolve client concerns
- Build relationships with key contacts at the district, school, and/or organizational levels.
- Work with internal experts (product directors, field sales, sales management, and marketing) to develop sales and marketing strategies relevant to assigned states
- Partner with direct management and other ISRs to assist in resolving complex customer situations or customer complaints.
- Collaborate with direct leadership and assigned field sales representatives in developing, producing and delivering territory-based marketing plans and activities designed to maintain the current customer base and secure new business.
- Provide market intelligence and information about trends in the assigned territories.
- Document and maintain accurate account information and all interactions with customers and prospects in CRM database — Salesforce.com.
- Prepare a variety of status and opportunity reports and forecasts.
- Participate and assist with sales meetings and executive briefings.
- Maintain and enhance working knowledge of product functionality, enhancements, updates, and availability in order to communicate technical information and perform effective product demonstrations.
- Maintain working knowledge of the changing market conditions including, but not limited to: legislative and political climate at the federal and state level (within assigned territory), economic conditions (funding sources), trends, competitors, & events.
- Utilize available resources to acquire and develop technology and digital skills and written and oral communications to increase levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- 1-2 years' experience in a sales, customer service or marketing environment required; previous experience in inside sales desired.
- 1 year minimum Education industry and/or assessment products experience required.
- 1year experience in planning and forecasting sales activity.
- 1 year experience in delivering stand up and or virtual presentations utilizing full suite of available technology to support messaging.
- Proven success in applying the process of investigating, creating and fulfilling customers' needs.
- Proficiency in efficiently qualifying inbound leads and generating incremental leads through strategic cold calling and marketing campaigns.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and electronically, to transmit information accurately and clearly and to proactively seek feedback while remaining sensitive to customer needs.
- Proficiency in persuading and influencing customers to make a purchase.
- Proficiency in developing and retaining strong virtual working relationships with Customers, Partners & Employees
- Proficiency in using technology and associated software tools — MS Office Suite; web based presentation tools; sales contact management systems — i.e., SalesForce.com
- Proficiency in interpreting reports and CRM data dashboards to adjust workflow to increase productivity and results.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision is essential.
- Proven ability to consistently exceed quota expectations.
- Proficiency in time management and organizational discipline.
- Written and creative layout/graphical skills required to produce marketing campaign collateral.
- Proficiency in creating effective solutions to problem solving to achieve customer satisfaction.
Reporting to this position: No direct reports
- Ability to sit and/or stand for up to 8 hour periods of time
- Ability to look at a computer monitor, utilize a keyboard and/or mouse for up to 8 hours per day
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds as necessary
DRC retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Data Recognition is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D