Mortgage Loan Officer
Our Mortgage Loan Officers understand that homeownership begins with the right mortgage. It doesn’t matter if our members reach out by phone, mail or choose to stop by -- They are always be greeted by a Mortgage Loan Officer who is knowledgeable, professional and courteous while working hard to meet their individual needs. They take the time to conduct interviews and make credit determinations for the full range of first mortgage loans so we can provide our members with affordable options for building their life. They keep our members informed regarding their application status and lending decisions; they are even there to meet with our members as necessary during the various stages of the loan process because guidance is at the core of everything we do. With their commitment to superior service, our Mortgage Loan Officers are able to generate new mortgage lending opportunities by developing and maintaining relationships with referral sources through marketing, outbound calling, prospecting and networking activities. With a focus on being forward-looking, our Mortgage Loan Officers are always working to open the door to new opportunities.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Two years of experience in underwriting and originating real estate loans with knowledge of secondary market requirements
- Demonstrated success in prospecting and generating mortgage leads is preferred.
- Strong math aptitude
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to switch tasks quickly
- Previous PC experience to including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, and e-mail
- Ability to work independently while displaying initiative and decision making skills
- A reliable vehicle for local travel.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability to maintaining a high level of professionalism while working under pressure.
- Incumbents in this role are required to be compliant with the terms and conditions outlined in Firefly Credit Union’s SAFE Act Policy, which includes the submission of fingerprints, the successful completion of a FBI background check and registration in Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
SERVING THE FOLLOWING BRANCH LOCATIONS: Bloomington, Burnsville, Chanhassen, Lakeville and Shakopee
HOURS: Scheduled for 40-hours per week between the hours of Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm with occasional Saturday and evening hours.
Visit our website: www.fireflycu.org/careers
Or e-mail a copy of your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Firefly Credit Union is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and all Protected Classes.