Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Areas of Responsibility:
Training and Development
Leads the Training Team in the design, development and delivery of scheduled and custom training solutions to meet the evolving talent development needs of the Gaming Enterprise.
Provides input to the director in the preparation of the departmental budget. Manages areas of assigned responsibility within agreed-to budgeting and planing guidelines.
- Manages the needs analysis process with assessment, design, development, delivery and follow up of training programs across the Gaming Enterprise. Ensures Tribal Ops and other community enterprises have the required training programs, expertise and resources to meet required needs. Deploy appropriate metrics and measurements for training effectiveness. Collaborate with Divisional HR and the Gaming Enterprise Divisions in the design of custom training solutions to meet the expressed needs of functional business departments.
- Manages enterprise-wide training, testing, certification, where required of team members to ensure compliance with the requirements of Title 31 Treasury Department cash handling. Ensures the requirements of the SMSC Liquor Ordinance- alcohol policy are in compliance through TIPS training. Oversees other LMS training requirements including annual HR certification via CBT modules: Labor Law, Respectful Work Environment, Policies, and other related topics.
- Maximize the use of LMS across the Gaming Enterprise and Tribal Ops for all phases of training, developing and retaining talent.
- Trains and develops the Training & Development Specialists by observing them in training sessions and providing timely feedback. Coaching is positive, constructive and developmental. The Training Manager also manages the performance review, merit, corrective action and selection process of training team to ensure delivery of high-quality training programs and customized learning solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in training and development, adult education, human resources or related field. Master's degree in HR preferred.
- Five years of experience designing and delivering training programs along with proven understanding of adult/blended learning applications.
- Five years managing the training function including: budget, staffing, learning strategy design, managing training related projects
- Demonstrated coaching and mentoring skills.
- Excellent facilitation and influence skills.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software.