Electrical Technology Instructor/Assistant Professor
NATIONAL ENERGY CENTER OF EXCELLENCE
Electrical Technology Instructor/Assistant Professor, #00104010
OPENING DATE: 9/5/2018
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled.
STARTING DATE: Negotiable.
COMPENSATION: Full-time, special non-tenure track position with potential for future tenure track according to BSC policy. Salary based on experience, education and academic school year contract (other contract options may be available). Paid health insurance, life insurance, retirement, employee tuition waiver, spouse/dependent tuition discount. Click here for full employee benefits.
SUMMARY OF POSITION: This position is located on the Bismarck State College campus and includes responsibilities for curriculum development, instruction and upgrade of online and/or classroom based content and instructional materials directly related to electrical technology. Additional responsibilities may include student advising, committee work, marketing programs, working with various industry advisory committees, incumbent employee training, submitting grades by the established deadline and other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or the Dean of the National Energy Center of Excellence (NECE).
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate degree in an electrical technology or related field and a minimum of three years of non-teaching energy industry work experience. Or a certificate in related field with a minimum of five years of non-teaching energy industry work experience or no degree/certificate with a minimum of ten years of non-teaching energy industry work experience.
- Agreement to complete a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field within six years of date of hire (tuition assistance available) if applicant does not possess one.
- Excellent working knowledge in one or more of the following areas: commercial electrical, electric metering, relaying, or instrumentation.
- Strong technical knowledge related to the electrical generation, transmission or distribution sectors.
- Good computer software skills – Microsoft Office, email and electronic calendar.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with diverse groups and to articulate and support the community college philosophy.
- Will be required to obtain North Dakota State Board for Career and Technical Education certification (up to six years to obtain and training is provided). This requires a combination of education and work experience. For more information on CTE certification: http://www.nd.gov/cte/teacher-cert/docs/PS_CertStandards.pdf.
- Appropriate bachelor’s degree.
- Extensive industry experience.
- Curriculum development, teaching and/or training experience.
APPLICATION INFORMATION & DEADLINE:
This position will remain open until filled.
To apply, click the Apply button at the top of the page. Complete the online application and upload a cover letter, resume, copies of earned certifications, three letters of reference and copies of transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.)
For more information or assistance contact: Human Resources (701) 224-5531. This position requires a criminal history record check.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Human Resources*Meadowlark Building*PO Box 5587*1700 Schafer St.*Bismarck, ND 58506-5587
701-224-5531*800-366-6888 (TTY Relay ND)
North Dakota Veterans claiming preference must submit all proof of eligibility by the closing date. Proof of eligibility includes a DD-214 and if claiming disabled status, a current letter of disability from the VA dated within the last 12 months.
BSC determines employment eligibility through the E-Verify system.