Fluid Power Instructor
POSITION: Fluid Power Instructor (PCN 00750690)
STARTING DATE: Approximately August 1, 2019
APPOINTMENT: Full-Time Unlimited
DEADLINE: To receive guaranteed consideration, application materials should be submitted online by February 28, 2019. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Full-time instructional position to instruct fluid power related courses in the mechatronics program. This position will be in the Manufacturing Division of the college. Other non-instructor duties will include recruiting and interviewing prospective students, advising current students, developing and delivering curriculum, job placement for graduates, and maintaining an on-going relationship with industry.
- Two year diploma in fluid power technology.
Occupational Experience Requirement
- Four full-time years (or equivalent) of verified related paid work experience in fluid power technology.
- One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
- Extensive knowledge of industrial and mobile hydraulic systems theory, with application experience at both a component and circuit level
- Experience with electronic control of hydraulic systems
- Experience with design, assembly and motion of fluid power systems
- Comprehension in the installation, use, maintenance, and troubleshooting of mechanical drive components
- General manufacturing experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (Microsoft Office)
- Teaching / training experience
- Ability to work both independently and with a variety of people as a team member
- Ability to work with a diverse student body with a broad range of interests and abilities
- National and/or internationally recognized professional membership
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources
Click on Academic Jobs – “How to Apply” link to apply. You must apply online and attach an electronic resume and copies of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
CONTACT: Shari Maloney – 320-762-4466; Fax: 320-762-4450; Email: email@example.com
Alexandria Technical and Community College is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and retirement plan.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment.
This information will be made available in alternative format, such as large print or cassette tape, upon request.