Fillmore Soil and Water Conservation District (SWCD)
900 Washington St. NW
Preston, MN 55965
February 1, 2019, 4:00PM
$52,303.79 - $71,954.57
Depending on Qualifications
Request Application Forms From:
900 Washington St. NW Preston, MN 55965
507-765-3878 Ext 3
Performs difficult advanced technical and administrative work managing the day-to-day operations of the District and its programs and projects; implements policies as directed by the SWCD Board of Supervisors, represents the District in the community and with partner agencies and organizations, and related work as apparent or assigned. Work is performed under the general direction of the Board. Organizational supervision is exercised over all personnel within the organization.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in natural resources, life sciences, agricultural science, or related field and considerable experience in soil and water conservation, grant management and supervision of staff, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Supervises District staff; assigns and directs work, develops staff schedules, reviews work, evaluates performance, provides coaching and counseling and is responsible for disciplining employees. Manages all human resources related functions including time tracking, approving PTO requests, insurance coverage including enrollment and claims, flexible spending accounts and related functions.
- Coordinates hiring process, conducts orientation of new employees; coordinates training of new and current staff; develops Individual Development Plans with employees and documents steps toward achieving Job Approval Authority.
- Prepares SWCD Board Meeting agendas and related materials; attends all Board meetings; executes functions and policies at the direction of the Board; develops and revises policies as directed by the Board.
- Implements District policies and manages day-to-day operations of the District. Develops, recommends and monitors the District's annual budgets; oversees, prepares and reviews financial reports; oversees investment of funds and other financial related functions.
- Coordinates internal District meetings, the annual planning meeting and Board committee meetings; prepares committee recommendations and reports for the Board.
- Prepares and submits reports, certifications and registrations as required by the state, MCIT, USDA, funding organizations, etc.
- Oversees the maintenance and lease of the District building and office space; equipment and office purchases and maintenance.
- Prepares grant applications, work plans and budgets for the implementation of District programs and projects; administers grant agreements, amendments and work plans; tracks grant expenses; coordinates completion of related reports.
- Coordinates the day-to-day operations for the implementation of the Root River watershed plan; prepares agendas and meeting minutes for the Root River Policy Committee; tracks work plan progress and grant expenditures and reporting.
- Represents the District in the community, with elected officials and partner agencies and organizations; attends local regional and state meetings; provides information on District programs and projects; responds to inquiries and requests for assistance and information; coordinates the District's Education Plan.
- Oversees local District programs and providing assistance to other local government organizations. Provides assistance to the County, cities and townships with rules, programs or projects; reviews DNR Water Permit applications; represents the District on the Wetland Conservation Act technical evaluation panel.
- Assists in the management and operation of the District bacteria lab, analyzes samples and provides results for water samples; conducts audits to maintain lab certification.
Applicants must submit cover letter, resume, and a completed Fillmore SWCD application for employment. The applications can be picked up at 900 Washington St. NW, Preston, MN or they may be mailed to applicants by request by calling 507-765-3878, ext. 3 or at www.fillmoreswcd.org. The complete job description is also available online. Individuals selected for interviews will be contacted by phone. Application deadline is 4:00 pm, Friday, February 1, 2019. Applications received after 4pm will not be considered.