The Aircraft Mechanic is responsible for assisting in the maintenance, basic installations, inspection and repairs of aircraft and components. They will assist with general support around the shop. They will ensure compliance with all federal, state, local and foreign regulations, policies and procedures.
- Reads and interprets maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other documents.
- Inspect components for any signs of damage or defects and perform minor troubleshooting, function testing, and repair of aircraft systems and components
- Remove and install aircraft subsystem assemblies and components according to aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications
- Participate in maintenance test flights and operation checks
- Maintains aircraft standards as required by Federal Aviation Administration.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools to assess and replace parts.
- Accurately documents, using the standard format, work performed as set forth by FAA and customer maintenance programs.
- Clean, refuel, aircraft.
- Assist and storage of company aircraft.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co. and R.D. Offutt Company.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
- Assist in inspections, servicing, and maintenance of airframe systems and components in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner.
- A&P License.
- Strong mechanical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on aircrafts.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Required to obtain FAA Inspection authorization certification upon meeting requirements of Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations part 65.91.
- Physical ability to lift and handle up to 50 lbs. while climbing or squatting as related to the job.
R.D. Offutt Company is a six-generation, family-owned and operated collection of business that includes RDO Equipment Co. (agriculture and construction equipment sales and service), R.D. Offutt Farms (farms and food producing operations in 12 states), Idahoan (instant potato products), PROffutt (real estate and development), BC Contracting (construction services) and Luke’s Organic (organic snack food producer). This broad organization is built on and succeeds due to the entrepreneurial spirit of our founder, Ron Offutt.
We are committed to meeting the needs of our stakeholders and customers in any way we can every day.