Sr Human Resources Generalist
JustUs Health is seeking a Sr Human Resources Generalist that can help us build on the momentum we have established over the past year. JustUs Health has a diverse staff of more than sixty compassionate and skilled professionals, with a seasoned and dedicated leadership team.
This role is directly responsible for the planning, administration, and coordination of the human resource function, policies, and programs. The Sr HR Generalist implements and coordinates human resource activities of JustUs Health to maximize the strategic use of human resources, ensure compliance, reduce risk, and drive employee engagement and retention. Key responsibilities include day to day management of HR functions including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, compensation, benefits, and regulatory compliance. Acting as internal resource to leadership team provides insight into the human capital elements of running an effective and efficient agency. Create programs, policies and procedures that demonstrate the commitment to intentionally enhancing career opportunities for an increased diverse representation as well as creating and sustaining a powerfully inclusive environment.
Responsible for the Human Resources Function: Oversees the implementation of Human Resources programs through the agency. Identifies opportunities for improvement and resolves problems.
- Develops and administers Human Resources programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align the workforce with the strategic goals of the agency.
- Conducts a continuous improvement of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices and keeps management and staff informed of new developments.
- Engages Human Resources consultants, attorneys, technology and training specialists to supplement agency needs in a fiscally responsible manner. Manages all HR Vendors
- Provides meaningful HR departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the agency's strategic goals.
- Manages the preparation and maintenance of reports including preparing periodic reports for management, Board of Director or others as necessary or requested.
- Utilizes the Human Capital management (HCM) systems to eliminate administrative tasks, empower employees, and meet the other needs of the organization.
Talent Acquisition: Recruit key talent with the skills of today and tomorrow; acting with intention to commitment to reaching out to diverse communities and professional organizations as part of our recruiting or internship processes for staff and positions on our board of directors.
- Manages the talent acquisition and recruitment processes and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Supports management in the recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, intern and temporary employees.
- Approves all job descriptions and assists in writing of postings for open roles.
- Manages the clerical job posting process with the support of the Office Assistant.
- Ensures thorough references and background checks are completed on all agency hires.
- Interviews management and executive position candidates; serves as part of the interview team for position finalists. Participates in or facilitates any employee selection committees for key leadership roles,
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel; assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and manages annual employee policy acknowledgement processes.
- Partners with management to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Coaches and trains managers in their communication, feedback, recognition, and interaction responsibilities with the employees who report to them. Makes certain that the managers know how to successfully, ethically, honestly, and legally communicate with employees.
- Assists in investigations related to employee or management complaints or concerns.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company. Monitors the implementation of a performance improvement process with non-performing employees.
- Keeps the CEO and the leadership team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals, and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- Works within the agency wage and salary structure, pay policies, within the agency
- Leads competitive market research to establish pay practices and pay bands that help to recruit and retain superior staff.
- Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness, employee retention and cost containment.
- Designs cost-effective, employee-serving benefits programs within budget requirements. Recommends changes in benefits offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Monitors national benefits environment for options and cost savings.
- Leads the development and delivery of benefit orientations and other benefits training for employees and their families.
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion:
- Creates a respectful, inclusive work culture and environment to engage and retain all employees. Acts with intention to create and promote equity within the agency.
- Manages the agency Affirmative Action Plan and programs.
- Facilitate Employee Equity and Inclusion Taskforce, including identifying necessary training for Taskforce members, facilitating meetings, and providing structure to direct the work of the Taskforce.
- Provides opportunities for JustUs Health to meaningfully commit to equity and inclusion and create positive change within the workplace.
- Leads company compliance with all existing governmental and labor legal and government reporting requirements. Maintains minimal company exposure to lawsuits.
- Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance with laws. Approves all information submitted. Serves as the primary contact with the company employment law attorney and outside government agencies.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files annual reports; and maintains other records, reports and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Protects the interests of employees and the agency in accordance with Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations. Minimizes risk.
- Designs, directs, and manages a company-wide process of organization development that addresses issues such as performance management, succession planning, workforce development, key employee retention, organization design, and change management.
- Assists with employee communication and feedback through such avenues as company meetings, suggestion programs, employee satisfaction surveys, newsletters, employee focus groups, one-on-one meetings, and Intranet use.
- Assists with a process of organizational planning that evaluates company structure, job design, and personnel forecasting throughout the company.
- Identifies and monitors the organization's culture so that it supports the attainment of the agencyy's goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes goal management and employee development programs.
- Coordinates all Human Resources training programs including new employee on-boarding or orientation, management development, the measurement of training impact, and training transfers.
- Promote career development opportunities underrepresented populations within our community.
- A bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations or Business or a related field.
- 5+ years Human Resources Generalist Experience, or 4 years and PHR Certification or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential
- Demonstrated progressive knowledge and experience in multiple Human Resources responsibilities including: Talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, performance management, employee relations, compliance/safety practices.
- Previous experience implementing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion programming.
- Exposure to organizational development with experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
- Proven effectiveness in written and verbal communication including executive presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Experience in utilizing Human Capital Management (HCM) Systems (e.g: ADP) to manage HR processes and programs .
- Capable of compiling and analyzing employment data to guide strategic planning.
- Ability to track and manage multiple work projects simultaneously
- Understand and work within state and federal laws and regulations related to Equal Opportunity Employment practices, HIPAA, JustUs Health policies and procedures related to confidentiality and data privacy practices.
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Labor Relations or Business or a related field.
- SPHR Certification or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential.
- 7+ years of experience in the HR field demonstrating progressive responsibility and knowledge within each of the key disciplines including organizational development, compensation strategy, benefits design, employee engagement, performance management, employee relations, compliance/safety practices and/or talent acquisition.
- 3 years of HR Management level responsibility
- Deep specialized expertise within multiple
- Proven success in optimizing ADP solutions within HR processes and programs.
- Experience preparing and presenting reports to Board of Directors.
- Experience working in a mission driven Human Services organization and/or nonprofit.