Risk Management Specialist
Now Hiring: Risk Management Specialist! We are seeking a Risk Management Specialist to join our Legal/HR team. Work for the City of Dickinson in North Dakota. This a Direct Hire opportunity with competitive pay and benefits. You will be responsible for enforcing the safety program within the City of Dickinson, you will mentor and provide guidance when necessary through training or reviewing material, and coordinate with supervisors/managers when performing safety training and review materials.
- Develops, implements, and maintains the organization’s safety policies and procedures for claims and incident handling.
- Coordinates the review and root cause analysis of serious workplace incidents; makes recommendations to mitigate future incidents.
- Assists with the development and implementation of long range objectives relating to health, safety, liability and property.
- Responsible for keeping records of safety related incidents, and prepares operational and statistical reports.
- Works with division supervisors to provide safety training to staff.
- Performs evaluation of safety policies, methods, and programs.
- Oversees management of employee injuries, Workforce Safety and Insurance compliance, return to work and light duty cases, liability and property claims.
- Will respond or take calls relating to City involvement with vehicle accidents, drug/alcohol testing, and damage to City property, injuries or fatalities; may be after normal business hours.
- Oversees and maintains assets on Insurance policies with State and local firms.
- Associate’s Degree in risk management, business administration, health administration or a closely related field, and/or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in safety, risk management, human resources, or an insurance related field.
- One year or more working knowledge of insurance claims, desired.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
Special Requirements (position requirements at entry):
- Valid Driver’s License
- Possession of, or ability to obtain Associate Safety Professional (ASO), or Certified Safety Professional (CSP).
- Ability to obtain Hazwoper certification within two years of hire.
- Other pertinent safety certifications or designations are desirable as well.
- Attain ICS 100 & 200 certifications in first year and 300 & 400 certifications in second year of employment.
Apply Today! We are now accepting applications. All qualified applicants will be contacted by our HR Department. Please see our website at http://dickinsongov.com/citizen-interests/apply-for-a-job/ to apply or more information. For further questions regarding this position, please contact Shelly at 701-456-7801 or firstname.lastname@example.org