Senior UI Engineer - IoT Cloud & Compute
Target is one of the world's most recognized brands and one of America's leading retailers. Our guests love our commitment to continual innovation and right now, we are up to big things. Our goal is to deliver Target's unique brand promise to guests wherever and whenever they shop, today and tomorrow: in-store, online, on tablets and mobile phones, and in the retail channels of the future.
This specific position is for the Internet of Things platform within Target's Cloud and Compute division. The IoT Platform will make it easy to say yes to connected device use cases across Target. It also makes it possible for business and engineer partners to easily create, connect, analyze and access data from connected devices to make decisions and enable automation. Building components to create this platform will allow us to democratize the data from these devices in a scalable, standardized and secure method. Target is poised to lead the new revolution of software defined physical experiences due to our ability to leverage the Target Application Platform in the cloud and within each of our 1,800 stores.
Use your skills, experience and talents to be a part of groundbreaking thinking and visionary goals.
- Lead and work as part of a team to help ensure the timely delivery of high quality, secure, standards-compliant, accessible and browser compatible interactive projects
- Strategize, define, and implement team processes, policies, procedures and best practices
- Create technical documentation and functional specifications for interactive projects
- Engage and collaborate with server side development, UX, project management and international teams
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Demonstrates strong domain-specific knowledge regarding Target's technology capabilities, key competitors' products and differentiating features
- Working knowledge on package-specific configuration and deployment along with ability to build custom solutions
- Designs new testing methods and resolves routine and non-routine technical issues with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates strong proficiency in core development platforms within own domain
- Builds strong commitment within the team to support the appropriate team priorities
- Clearly communicates Agile concepts to partners within product team
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the impact of own work on the team and/or guests
- Writes and organizes code using multiple computer languages, including distributed programming and understand different frameworks and paradigm
- Delivers high-performance, scalable, repeatable and secure deliverables with broad impact (high throughput and low latency)
- Influences and applies data standards, policies and procedures
- Maintains technical knowledge within areas of expertise
- Stays current with new and evolving technologies via formal training and self-directed education