- Write and edit material for user manuals, instruction sheets or related technical documentation concerned with the installation, operation and maintenance of machinery and other equipment
- Review and revise technical documentation relative to the operation, maintenance and service of equipment
- Evaluate documentation for readability and usability
- Review published material and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions and ensure most current versions are in the hands of production and marketing departments
- Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style and terminology
- Design layout and direct selection of photographs, drawings, sketches and charts to illustrate material
- Complete illustrations to show operation of equipment or software
- Demonstrate expertise in page design and layout
- Convert .dxf and .stp files from Pro-E for use in User Guides and other technical documents
- Interview engineering and production personnel to become familiar with equipment, product technologies and production methods
- Make arrangements for duplication and distribution of material
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates or bachelor’s degree, or equivalent level of work experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years previous experience
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of CAD systems, preferably AutoCAD
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to illustrate mechanical products and components
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and with a team following general procedures
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Use of skills requiring motor coordination with finger dexterity (e.g. keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) during most of a normal workday
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds
Engage Technologies Corp. offers a competitive compensation pkg., including medical and dental benefits and company matched 401 (k) / Profit sharing. This position is located in Rogers, MN.
WE HELP COMPANIES DELIVER PRODUCTS TO THE WORLD
Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey and AFM, Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Engage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.