Academic Fieldwork Coordinator (Ranked)
The Occupational Therapy Department at St. Catherine University invites applications for a full time, 12-month rolling contract for an Academic Fieldwork Coordinator position. Rank and salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities: The selected candidate is expected to have responsibilities in teaching, research and service. The majority of the candidate’s teaching responsibility will be allocated to fieldwork planning and evaluation. Roles and responsibilities include:
- Fieldwork planning and evaluation.
- Ensuring fieldwork placements are in alignment with the curriculum design.
- Establishing and maintaining fieldwork processes with students, faculty, and sites.
- Maintaining documentation related to the program’s fieldwork accreditation requirements.
- Establishing processes and methods for adequate and appropriate level of supervision of students on fieldwork.
- Engagement in scholarship and professional development activities to keep current on fieldwork research and best practices.
- Participation in service and leadership at program, department, university, and professional levels.
Applicants should demonstrate excellence in teaching and a commitment to University service. The selected candidate will be responsible for advising graduate students and is expected to engage in service activities with colleagues, the department, school, campus, community and professional organizations. Position Qualifications
- A minimum of three years of clinical practice with demonstrated knowledge of current occupational therapy practice.
- Progress toward completion of a doctoral degree by August 2020 (doctoral degree earned by December 2018 is preferred).
- Eligible for OT licensure in Minnesota with NBCOT certification.
- Some post baccalaureate level teaching experience is preferred.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable faculty who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the University's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their teaching, research and service. To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary To apply:
Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. The position number is 20180042-FAC. Applicants may also visit the University Human Resources office, located in Derham Hall Room 8, to submit an electronic application. Attach an application letter, CV and a statement of teaching interests. Candidates selected for interview will need to provide three references. Official transcripts and background check will be required for employment. For information, contact Stephanie de Sam Lazaro at email@example.com. Review of applications will begin January 31 and will continue until the position is filled; however, priority will be given to complete applications received by February 15, 2019.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer; Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website.