NPA Faculty – Technical Energy
National Power Academy (NPA) Program
NPA Faculty – Technical Energy
WORK LOCATION: DAMMAM, KINGDOM OF SAUDI ARABIA (KSA) – KSA is segregated by gender – MALE APPLICANTS
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: HEAD OF DEPARTMENT FOR TECHNICAL PROGRAMS
COMPENSATION: based on experience.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of this position is to provide instruction to students in the Academic Programs offered by the NPA. Duties include classroom and/or laboratory instruction, supervision, management, curriculum development and revision, student advisement, assessment, committee work, student recruitment, working effectively and professionally with students and staff in a team setting, and other related departmental, divisional and college responsibilities.
- Provide classroom and/or laboratory instruction, management and supervision.
- Maintain a supportive and active learning environment.
- Instruct and supervise classroom and/or laboratory courses as assigned.
- Prepare syllabi, lessons, assignments and related instructional materials.
- Maintain student records.
- Evaluate student work and record student grades.
- Adhere to a weekly schedule and office hours.
- Be available for student consultation.
- Provide necessary correspondence to appropriate campus offices regarding student progress or issues.
- Provide ongoing curriculum development, revision of courses and program areas and participate in academic assessment.
- Update courses on a regular basis using advisory committee input where applicable.
- Research and develop new courses as assigned.
- Participate in new curriculum/course development as assigned.
- Participate in academic assessment.
- Incorporate active learning into the curriculum.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Identify and participate in appropriate professional development activities, both technical and educational delivery focused, consistent with departmental/campus needs.
- Incorporate new material and techniques or skills into the content and delivery in instructional area of responsibility.
- Participate in departmental and campus activities.
- Attend departmental and campus meetings.
- Serve on departmental and/or campus committees.
- Participate in departmental and campus activities, initiatives and projects.
- Maintain classroom, laboratory and office areas.
- Willingness to provide facilitation or “coach” a school club. Ex: Student Council, Model United Nations, Sports, Speech, Writing, Electronics, Coding, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate Degree (Electrical/Mechatronics/Instrumentation & Control) holder having hands-on experience in Control/Electrical Substations/Green Energy Equipment’s like Solar/Wind, commercial electrical, electric metering, relaying, or instrumentation. Strong technical knowledge related to the electrical generation, transmission or distribution sectors in an industrial environment for Five years - OR –
- Instructors/Trainers with no formal degree, who are craft certified and have minimum 11 years of experience in the fields mentioned above (Professional trainer certification from an international recognized certification/licensing organization is preferred)
- Extensive experience in field operations/maintenance activities in the energy domains, including a clear understanding of day-to-day activities.
- Willing to add value and actively participate in development of technical/energy laboratories.
- Proven training and subject matter expertise in technical area to be delivered.
- Strong personal commitment to the NPA’s mission and vision.
- Ability to develop and implement programs related to the NPA’s mission, vision and philosophy.
- Proven experience teaching technical/vocational/trade curriculum for non-native speakers.
- Strong classroom management skills.
- Familiarity with, and understanding of issues of diversity and inclusion, with knowledge of how those issues are navigated in the KSA.
- Experience working with youth, schools, business, elected and government officials, industry and/or community groups.
- Ability to conceive, develop and complete tasks without close supervision.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and budget development and monitoring skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Computer competency and proficiency in Windows/Microsoft Office environment and technical software (SACAD/PLC) preferred.
APPLICATION PROCESS: For consideration - provide a cover letter, resume, and four work references via email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Project Manager. (NOTE: Incomplete files will NOT be considered.) Official transcripts (undergraduate and graduate) will be required upon hire. This position requires a background check.
This position will be open until filled with a starting date to be determined