Steel Prep Operator - 1st Shift
Essential Job Functions
- Communicate with the weld shop foreman to establish priorities.
- Organize prints, all necessary parts and materials for work orders.
- Transport needed materials from cutting and bending or assembly to proper location within the weld shop.
- Ensure proper identification of material and paperwork before and during transportation between departments.
- Ensure all completed assemblies and proper paperwork are delivered to the proper areas.
- Cuts blocks and assists with other projects in machining.
- Support fabricators with small jobs.
- Tack small jobs together and prep parts for welding.
- Remove mill scale from parts where necessary.
- Operate steel prep equipment such as press brake, shears, torches, hydraulic saw, drill presses, MIG welder, forklifts, overhead cranes, and other equipment provided.
- Ensure accuracy and quality, following company procedures and specifications.
- Report any production problems to Steel Prep Lead.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Assist in other areas of production as needed and qualified.
- Perform work in a safe manner and follows all safety guidelines and procedures.
- Domestic and international travel required and could include weekend travel depending on the project or training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Entry Level:
- Must be able to read blueprints.
- Ability to understand and carry out simple oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment written math test.
- Knowledge of basic math skills to read tape measures, calipers, micrometers and other measuring tools.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Ability to follow instructions using SP’s.
- Good at problem solving and finding solutions.
- Basic Computer knowledge needed.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment written math test, physical, drug and background test.
Minimum Qualifications for Application:
- High School Diploma or GED with 1 years of experience or 2-year tech degree.
- Knowledge of Epicor, Ultimate software or similar ERP system.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.