Director of Quality Assurance
The successful candidate for this position will be a highly energized and successful leader who wants to make their mark with a growing and successful market leader in the paint booth and finishing systems industry. Their leadership in achieving world class quality and customer satisfaction for our products will have a direct impact of the overall success of GFS. The Director of Quality Assurance will ensure that GFS’s products and services are compliant with our quality requirements, as well as with customer and regulatory requirements for quality, safety, and performance.
This position is a member of our executive leadership team and is involved in the strategic direction of the business and annual business plan execution. The position will interact and provide cross-functional leadership across all business functions. This includes:
- Develop, implement, and adhere to a quality management system for all functions and departments involved with the quality system or production of products
- Maintain product quality by enforcing quality assurance policies, procedures and regulatory requirements; collaborate with other members of management to ensure compliance
- Receive and evaluate all internal and external non-conformance quality data
- Schedule and perform quality audits and report findings to President
- Develop corrective action plans and ensure timely resolution of findings related to non-conformance data and quality audits
- Develop strategic and annual business plans aligned with corporate objectives; effectively implement through scheduling and assignment of employees
- Manage and engage a high-performing quality assurance team to include recruiting, hiring, training/onboarding, mentoring, disciplining, and coaching
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required; advanced degree preferred
- Preferred certifications include American Society of Quality certifications; Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence & Six Sigma Green or Black Belt; Certification in Lean, and a proven track record of lean execution
- 15+ years of experience in quality management including at least 5+ years of corporate quality management
- 10+ years of management experience
- Experience in ISO standards, along with implementation and maintenance of certification is required
- Excellent interpersonal skillsets with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization
We offer a competitive wage based on experience as well as a generous incentive plan. We also offer a comprehensive benefits plan, which includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K, and profit sharing.
To learn more about working at GFS, visit http://gfscareers.us GFS is partnering with Fairfield Resource Consultants LLC, to fill this position. Candidates can apply directly with GFS or by forwarding your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GFS is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse workforce. Veterans, women, and minorities are encouraged to apply. GFS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender-identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Careers at Global Finishing Solutions
The continued success of our company is made possible by our talented, hardworking employees. We believe that every employee “makes their mark” on a company. This is especially true for a company of our size and culture. Although a large and growing business — with more than 400 employees — our heart is in the small town, homegrown values. Headquartered in Osseo, Wisconsin, we are just a short 20-minute drive to Eau Claire and less than a two-hour drive to the Twin Cities in Minnesota. Many of our employees enjoy spending their free time outdoors, with many year-round activities to choose from such as hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, boating and more!