Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth
1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
The Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth is seeking a highly qualified full-time Executive Director with a passion for gifted and talented education and the relevant leadership experience necessary to manage and build upon a successful non-profit organization. MITY operates three programs of enriched learning that served 700 talented students in grades 1-12 during 2018. Its mission is to provide an educational community where diverse, intellectually curious students can experience the excitement of learning and expand their academic and social visions.
The Executive Director, working under the direction of the Board, is responsible for the overall management and operation of the MITY’s programs, personnel, finances, communications, and compliance. The Executive Director is assisted by an Executive Coordinator and by part-time staff. The Executive Director must be a motivated self-starter, excellent planner, broad thinker and innovator, quick responder, with a flexible mind, inner strength and stamina.
To receive a full job description: email@example.com
- Record of successful program administration and experience with non-profit or educational organizations
- Expert in curriculum and instruction for intellectually curious students
- Experience working with students, parents, teachers and administrators from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent written, verbal and digital communication skills
- Strong technology skills and experience
6. Knowledge and experience with gifted education
7. Strong fundraising experience and ability
8. Graduate Level Degree
9. Pleasant, approachable persona
10. Mediation skills
Salary and benefits are competitive and are based on experience and qualifications.
The Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to observe programs this summer, and will begin full-time in September, 2019.
To apply, send resume and cover letter before March 15, 2019, to firstname.lastname@example.org or
Minnesota Institute for Talented Youth, 1600 Grand Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105.