Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: $20.84 / hour (plus) based on qualifications
Provide all Educare classroom staff with skill enhancements that will improve the quality of the classrooms & support school readiness. Facilitate development of individualized professional development training plans, provide coaching, modeling, instructing & facilitating training opportunities for Educare staff in classroom management, instructional strategies & curriculum implementation and design. Promote developmentally appropriate practice, early literacy skills & full inclusion model for children's involvement in the classroom. Work with families & staff on early childhood intervention for children with special needs.
- Provide coaching, modeling, instruction and/or training to assigned teaching teams, individual teachers & classroom staff. Provide opportunities to set goals, proactive skills, promote leadership skills & give constructive feedback to facilitate professional development.
- Provide one to one coaching sessions with teachers to assist & promote professional development, classroom strategies, reflective practice, curriculum implementation & child outcomes.
- Serves as a resource for teaching staff to assist in lesson plan development, authentic assessment, creative classroom management techniques & problem solving, while adhering to Playworks, SMSC Early Childhood Licensing Guidelines, and NAEYC & CLASS Criteria.
- Assist in implementing Creative Curriculum by assisting and supporting teaching staff with plans to include goals that achieve measureable outcomes in each objective.
- Assess classroom environments as they impact children's behavior & development including; use of space & arrangement of equipment, developmentally & culturally appropriate lesson plans, activities/materials & appropriate communication/ interactions with children.
- Assists with & interprets observations tools uses information to plan & give staff feedback for program improvement (CLASS, Environmental Checklists, Creative Curriculum reports, etc.)
- Designs & facilitates formal & informal training for Playworks staff in cooperation with Educare Coordinators/Managers, Educare Operations Manager & Playworks Director.
- Support teachers by providing resources that support School Readiness Goals.
- Distribute & train staff on the latest research based resources & materials.
- Actively participates in all meetings & trainings for the Educare program.
- Conduct CLASS observations & analyze results to create & implement action plans for individualized classroom goals to improve child outcomes.
- Train all Educare staff on Creative Curriculum GOLD. Maintain the technology aspect & assist staff with implementation of Creative Curriculum GOLD.
- Provide Educare staff with resources, activities & strategies when working with children with IEP's/ICCP's.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Degree in Early Childhood Education, Education or qualifies as a Teacher with Playworks licensing regulations.
- Three or more years of experience in an early childhood program as a Teacher.
- Worked in & are familiar with Licensing Regulations/Licensed child care programs, knowledge of infant thru Prekindergarten development using Creative Curriculum, NAEYC Accredited Child Care Center, and Infant -- Preschool CLASS trainer.
- 3 or more years working with professional development training, coaching, and goal development & mentoring employees.
- Excellent organizational, written, & verbal communication skills.
- CPR/First Aid certification required.
- Pass background check, work physical and drug test.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record.
- On feet or standing 80% of time
- Must be able to lift 60 lbs.
- Outside work 10% of time.