Kitchen Associate - PLAY WORKS
Days: TBD - based on business needs
Hiring rate or hiring range: $16.00 / hour
As a Kitchen Associate you will work with the Food and Beverage Manager to produce food that lives up to Playworks' commitment to quality. As part of the Kitchen team the Kitchen Associate may be asked to perform all elements of Kitchen work, from prep to dishwashing, waiting on customers, and preparing batch meals. This Kitchen Associate position will also have a focus on production and quality control of all Playworks made products, making certain to follow documented recipes and procedures. This position understands the importance of meeting daily nutritional goals while maintaining an accurate inventory of finished and raw goods. Teamwork, flexibility, commitment to maintaining a safe workplace, and a strong work ethic are all vital for success. Must enjoy working with children.
- Prepares food with high quality, appearance, and taste as a priority according to standards and food safety/sanitation guidelines. Assists on creating monthly menus. Is aware of special dietary requirements for children that attend, and provides alternative meals as necessary.
- Assists with schedule of setup, prep work, and delivery of food products.
- Maintains safety and sanitary workstations and equipment in kitchen.
- Stocks and maintains freshness of products.
- Understands and follows proper handwashing procedures, bloodborne pathogens safety procedures, proper food handling policies/procedures, dress codes, and guidelines for food temperatures.
- Organizes and maintains dry storage, coolers, and freezers.
- Communicates effectively with children, customers and employees in a variety of ways keeping high quality customer service a priority.
- Understands evacuation and emergency procedures.
Schedule: Must be available to work any hours between 6:30am-6:30pm based on business needs. This is a full time 40 hour work week with a full benefit package.
Please feel free to call Nicole Rees at 952/496-6918 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Course work in food handling/preparing preferred.
- Prior food service experience to equal two years.
- Pass background check, work physical and drug test.
- Valid driver's license may be required with good driving record.