Environmental Services Manager
Days: Monday - Friday
Hiring rate or hiring range: Based on qualifications
Great Leadership role in exciting environment!
Requires managerial experience in large institutional setting.
Manages the staff and functions of custodial services for company facilities. Ensures the cleanliness of the property to provide guests and team members a sanitary and safe environment. Develops and implements cleanliness, safety, and guest service standards.
Responsible for controlling labor and capital costs against approved budget. Prepares annual budget for submission to Dir. of Facilities, to be added to the general budget. Orders supplies for department and Environmental Services work order materials.
- Directs the day-to-day 24/7 cleaning operations of the casino gaming operations, restaurants, kitchens, and company facilities. This includes additional cleaning needs for special events/shows, construction projects, emergencies, and guests.
- Develops and implements safety and service standards and cleaning and maintenance procedures. Researches cleaning practices, procedures, and products and implements as applicable to improve effectiveness. Analyzes department performance as documented through received reports, comment cards, and feedback from casino/hotel guests and addresses issues or makes revisions to service standards as necessary.
- Manages staff. This includes scheduling tasks and assignments, monitoring performance, and inspecting completed work for conformance to established standards.
- Manages the department's equipment and supplies inventory. Monitors supplies and equipment usage and manages equipment repairs.
- Recruits, interviews, selects, hires, and promotes team members, including team member training and development. Completes performance appraisals, disciplinary actions and terminations.
- Develops and directs the department budget for expenses and labor costs. This includes annual capital purchases and 3-5 year fiscal expense and operational forecasting.
- Works with Surveillance, Security, and Safety departments to ensure safety and asset protection of guests and company property.
- Directs the department bidding and purchasing of supplies, chemicals, and equipment. Develops standards, bids, and capital expenses in conjunction with Purchasing.
- Manages the department database maintenance program.
- Occasional tasks
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Associate's degree in General Studies and five years of management experience in building or custodial maintenance in a large institutional setting, or an equivalent combination of eight years education and experience.
- Working experience in the development and review of departmental and operational budgets exceeding 3 million dollars and managing staff with 150 team members or more
- Strong knowledge of OSHA, fire, and general industry regulations, including safety, Hazardous Material Communications (HAZCOM), and blood born pathogens.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and electronic mail software.