Senior Marketing Specialist
St. Catherine University invites applications for a Senior Marketing Specialist in the Office of Marketing & Communications. The Marketing and Communications team is a group of storytellers who create engaging and dynamic marketing messages and materials that raise the profile and awareness of St. Catherine University. Members of this team serve as the voice of St. Kate's, representing our diverse student body, our commitment to social justice, and helping to achieve our organizational mission. The Senior Marketing Specialist is a key member of the Marketing and Communications team, helping to develop engaging and thoughtful content to promote the University in a variety of media and across multiple channels. This position works cross-functionally with our internal partners and clients to meet strategic goals, develop effective marketing materials and campaigns, and help drive organizational growth.
• Develop strategic, thorough marketing plans that are effective in meeting organizational and business goals.
• Manage team members to ensure distribution and quality of work; qualify, prioritize, and delegate workloads for the team.
• Provide leadership, vision, and direction to team and clients.
• Manage specific communications projects, programs, and initiatives that support University initiatives and goals.
• Collaborate with other members of the Marketing and Communications team to develop marketing content, including brochures, flyers, web content, ad content, and social media.
• Manage a wide portfolio of marketing materials to ensure consistency and brand accuracy.
• Stay up to date on higher education and other relevant topics and issues in order to align marketing activities with current happenings.
• Develop, execute, and track Marketing and Communications programs. Analyze and understand key performance metrics including digital advertising and web metrics.
• Develop metrics for measuring marketing results and present them in monthly reports to key audiences.
• Review and edit content from University partners and internal team.
• Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or related liberal arts major.
• A minimum of three years in marketing, communications, media relations, public relations, or journalism. Agency experience preferred.
• Strong analytic skills; comfortable and confident pulling together performance reports and insights using various brand monitoring platforms, such as Meltwater, Google Analytics, or Sprout Social.
• Ability to translate deep customer insights into content strategy approach that is personalized, relevant and strategic.
• Ability to understand and tailor content for a variety of audiences, including prospective students, parents, alumni, donors, and more.
• Understanding of essential elements of effective marketing campaigns (branding, messaging, sales collateral, PR, advertising, direct marketing, Web, etc.).
• Excellent verbal and written communications, team management, and client management skills.
• Superior AP-style writing and editing skills and strong attention to detail.
• Skilled in using Microsoft Office and Google suites.
• Flexibility and the ability to work well with ambiguity, ability to meet tight deadlines, and juggle numerous projects and prioritize work with strong follow through.
• Ability to respond respectfully and effectively to people of all cultures, in a manner that affirms the worth and preserves the dignity of individuals, families and communities.
St. Catherine University seeks creative, adaptable employees who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity and multicultural understanding. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Consistent with the University's commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their service.To Apply and Special/Other Requirements Summary To apply: Please go to the St. Catherine University employment site to apply for this position. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply as are those who will contribute to a diverse candidate pool. Applicants may also visit the St. Catherine University Human Resources office to submit an electronic application. We are located in Derham Hall, Room 8. Application review will begin February 25, position open until filled.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace Employer/Tobacco-Free Campuses
Our university is a proud member of the Upper Midwest HERC and is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit the HERC website. Permanent Link to Posting http://stcatherine.peopleadmin.com/postings/2823