St. Paul, MN, US
Please submit a cover letter and resume as part of the application process.
BWBR is a full-service Saint Paul, MN architectural and interior design firm with a diverse practice and history dating back to the 1920’s. We are currently seeking a collaborative teammate with a consistent positive attitude to fill a Staff Accountant position.
The Staff Accountant role will provide financial and administrative support to the firm. As a vital member of the accounting team, the primary area of responsibility will be Accounts Payable. In addition, this role will assist with our monthly billing process and be the primary back up for that process.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Disbursing properly approved payments in a timely and efficient manner.
• Review, code, process, and pay all invoices, including consultant invoices.
• Record all cash receipts, prepare and make bank deposit.
• Verify and maintain all vendors that have a current W-9 on file.
• Track, file, and make quarterly use tax payments.
• Prepare and issue Form 1099 to vendors.
• Proof and log consultant agreements in Deltek Vision and corresponding accounts payable program.
• Use effective analytical skills to address any discrepancies or unresolved issues by identifying and working with the appropriate parties.
• Assist or provide back up for other accounting team members as necessary.
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related degree.
• 5-7 years of experience in an office environment.
• Knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards, and compliance requirements.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including the ability to operate accounting and spreadsheet programs.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Detail oriented, professional attitude, ability to work independently or as part of a team.
• Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
• Ability to multi-task and work in an energizing environment.
BWBR pays close attention to individual strengths and is committed to cultivating growth opportunities for you. A comprehensive benefits program as well as a profit sharing and 401(k) salary deferral plan are offered.
BWBR also believes a healthy work culture is a culture that promotes health and wellness beyond your work. The diverse and dynamic interests of those who work here provide opportunities, both organized and impromptu, for individual pursuits and exploration.